Bloody Americans

In the POV of Aspen •

Hit, catch, hit, catch, hit, catch, hit, catch, hit, catch, hit, catch, hit-

I cursed under my breath as my tennis ball hit me in the eye. I went and grabbed some frozen crisps from the mini fridge by the window. My psychotic roommate/best friend Rey liked her crisps frozen. She said it was an American thing, but I'm not sure why anyone would eat crisps frozen. Walking over the to the vanity, I stole yet another ribbon and used it to tie the bag of crisps to her head and ice her eye.

Walking back towards my bean bag, I heard a bell ring downstairs, signaling all the kids to come downstairs because someone had come to adopt. I trotted down the stairs and got into line. There was an American middle aged woman with brown shoulder length hair and bangs. She introduced herself as Susan, and said she was looking for a daughter for her sister.

I held my breath as she approached me. "What's your name sweetie?" She said in what she thought was a comforting way, but honestly just sounded lesbian. "Aspen, jolly to meet you." I said, hoping she knew what I meant. I could speak like an American if I wanted to, but it was a habit to speak somewhat like a Brit. "Pleasure to meet you too dear. How old are you?" She asked politely. She was like the adult version of the spoiled brat from those cliche Gacha Life Mini Movies, but more matured. "I'm 11 ma'am." I replied shyly. Since I was fairly young, I was never taken seriously.

The last five words I heard before I passed out changed my life.

"Please, call me Aunt Susan."

A/N:
Ty for reading the 1st chapter of my book! If you enjoy, keep reading. If not, thanks for reading the 1st chapter anyways! If I havent updated yet, lmk if you have any suggestions for the next or upcoming chapters. Sorry this chapter was so short!

-cløudy

Time taken: 2 hours