UNEXPECTED CLAIM

"Leave," Suyin coldly threw the word right in his face, foregoing any concern.

"Are you mad because you are not my girlfriend?" Taehyung teased, adding oil to her already burning fire.

She slammed the table with her palm, making her utensils and tray clatter against the metal. She stood up with a hitch, her dark, unpleasant gaze locked onto his slightly shocked one.

"Leave now! And don't ever talk to me again!" Suyin yelled, her rage taking over her.

***

The scene at the school cafeteria happened three weeks ago. And Suyin couldn't have felt more stupid since then. Taehyung got himself a girlfriend just before the confrontation, and Suyin spotted her fucking enemy (his girlfriend) and him numerous times since then. She thought it wouldn't be such a sour thing for her to watch.

Unfortunately for Suyin, it was.

Taehyung had been with his girlfriend for a month. Suyin's gaze glued to the couple whenever they were sitting a few meters away from her in the cafeteria. She even watched as they passed by. And weirdly, Taehyung stopped coming to find Suyin; avoiding her was more exact.

Now she finished eating her lunch and exited the cafeteria, walking towards where the lockers were located. It wasn't usually crowded but today was an exception. Students surrounded two people who were having a heated argument in the middle of the corridor, attracting everyone's attention.

It turned out to be Taehyung and her 'lovely' enemy.

"Why have you been avoiding me?!" her enemy shouted at Taehyung's face.

Suyin walked towards her locker like any other day, trying hard to ignore them once again, but she ended up hearing his voice.

"I wasn't avoiding you. I was just busy," Taehyung said while rolling his eyes.

His voice traveled through Suyin's ears as she sorted her books for the next class.

She thought, "Busy? What kind of busy?"

"You're cheating on me, right?! Do you not love me anymore?! Ugh! I hate you! I hate you so much!" Suyin's enemy shrieked in anger. The high pitch of it left the hallway in silence for a moment.

Then tears streamed down from the girl's eyes as she lifted her hand, attempting to land a slap on his cheek, but he caught her wrist before it made an impact on him. He looked dead in the eyes. "I never did."

"W-What...?" was the word that came out of the girl's mouth in the situation.

Yes, he never loved her or even liked her in any way. She was just a distraction for him from Suyin. He knew it was bad to do things like this, but this girl was the one who confessed to him. He thought he could get Suyin out of his mind if he just accepted and spent more time with someone else, but it only made him think of her daily. He saw Suyin looking at them from time to time, and it would break his heart. He knew he loved Suyin. Even so, he was too stubborn to accept his feelings towards her.

He released the girl's wrist with a shove, his emotionless gaze moving from the girl to Suyin. She silently clicked her locker shut and his gaze instantly softened, watching her.

He walked up to her and grabbed her wrist before she could leave. He led her towards him, and her eyes widened, shocked at his behavior towards her.

"What is he doing? Is he alright today? I-" she couldn't formulate thoughts fast enough.

Without another word, he connected their lips, right there, in front of the crowd and the girl he'd just argued with. Suyin couldn't move; her mind blanked like a new piece of paper, not functioning at all, then invading her thoughts with him.

His lips didn't move, they were placed delicately on hers. His eyes closed while his arms slowly and hesitantly snuck up her waist before gently lifting his mouth from her lips.

She finally flinched in realization, meeting his mesmerizing eyes that stared at her as if she were his dear life. He took one last glimpse of his ex-girlfriend, who was paralyzed, before pulling Suyin with him. He pulled her to the empty dance room, not far from the scene that took place in front of the whole College.

"What the hell, Taehyung?" Suyin questioned once they were inside the room.

He locked the door, shifting his gaze to her figure. Her pink, flustered cheeks and nervous biting of her bottom lip practically had him fighting for mercy with his racing heartbeat.

Taehyung asked, "You liked it, didn't you?"

Despite his inner madness, he acted cool, lifting his lips into a satisfied smirk.

She raised her voice, "Like? You ass!" She sighed before continuing, "W-Why did you do that?!" She blushed hard as her words fell from her lips.

Her heart was beating like crazy; she felt like it could jump out of her chest at any moment.

"Isn't it obvious?" He said as he stepped closer to her, bringing the space between their bodies to nil.

"W-what's obvious..?" She asked, stuttering.

She stepped back but was eventually forced to stop when she felt the hard, brick wall behind her. She avoided his gaze by looking everywhere that wasn't his alluring eyes.

Despite her efforts, he grabbed her chin rather carefully, making her shy gaze meet his tender one. His Adam's apple bobbed in his throat as he gulped. "It's because I like you," he said before locking his lips with hers once more.

And that is how he unexpectedly claimed her as his in the end.

THE END.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘜𝘕𝘌𝘟𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘛𝘌𝘋 𝘊𝘓𝘈𝘐𝘔 || KTH ONE-SHOT 🎉