On the Mainland

TERENCE P.O.V

It's summer once again. All the fairies from Pixie Hollow have come to the mainland so that they can stay and work here for the whole summer. This includes Tink and I as well. This will be the year that I finally confess my feelings for her. I'm never very open about my feelings, so I'm still trying to figure out how I will tell her. Maybe I should ask her friends to help me. Sil and Iridessa always give great advice, but then again, I'll just ask for their help when I decide how I'll tell Tink.

"Hey Terence!!!"

"Oh, hey Tink!"

I just can't help but hug her tight

"What was that for?"

"Well, I'm just excited to see you that's all."

"I'm excited to see you too Terence, but right now I need your help. See, I promised Fawn that I would make something to help her bunnies to cross this huge river, but I don't have anyone to help me. Do you think that you can?"

"Of course, anything for you Tink."

"Great! Just follow me."

I just can't help but smile when Tink is around. Her passion always brightens the mood and you can always count on her to turn a gloomy day into a bright and sunny one. This is why I have to do something extra special for her to really show her how I feel.

"Ok we're here!"

"Oh my gosh Tink, this is amazing!"

"Well I started but I needed a little assistance. You were the first person I thought of to help me."

"Oh, well thanks."

"Anytime Terence! Now let's get started."

Sometimes I get the feeling that she likes me, but I can never tell. In some ways, Tink can be an enigma. I still love her anyways. Every time I look at her, my heart skips a beat. It's almost as if she's a ray of sunshine beaming on me. I can still remember the first time I ever talked with Tink. It was when I realized that she needed my help with something for once. I barely knew her at the time, and I had thought that she had just known me as one of the dust keepers. But the moment she said that she knew my name, it meant everything to me. It showed me that she cared. I have never known someone to be as thoughtful, kind, and as wonderful as Tink. That was the moment that I fell in love with her. Even when Tink herself is more like a storm cloud than a sunny day, she never fails to warm me up.

"Ok! We're ready for a test run!"

With the assistance of a few woodland creatures, we successfully put the boat into the water. Unfortunately the current was too strong, and it rapidly flew down the river, plunging into a waterfall. Before Tink could start getting frustrated, I suggested that we went to visit Lizzie. I hate when Tink gets upset so I try to do everything that I can to make her feel happy.

"Oh great idea! I could use a break."

It had been about a year since Tink had seen Lizzie. She is 9 now and started perusing art. She loves drawing fairies like she used to and she has started sculpting them too. It didn't take us very long to fly to her cottage, and on the way we talked about work and things to do during summer.

"I see Lizzie in her room!"

Tink knocked on the window, and Lizzie came to peer through it. Once she realized it was us, she ecstatically opened her window and let us in.

"It's great to see you Lizzie!"

"It's great to see you too Tinkerbell!"

Ever since last year, Lizzie has been trying to communicate with fairies better without them having to act out what they were trying to say. She's gotten very good, but she still needs some work.

"Would you like to see my new sculptures?"

"Of course!"

I could barely recognize the place once Lizzie started directing us towards her newest sculptures. She had transformed her bedroom into what seemed like a magical forest. She had drapes of fake vines on her ceiling to the walls, just touching the floor. She also got new furniture sets made entirely out of wood to resemble the wooded forest. On top of it all, she created an entire fairy village and put it on a huge wooden shelf in her room.

"And.... here they are!"

"They're amazing Lizzie!"

"Thank you! I based them off of you and your friends! I even made the houses in the fairy forests to match the descriptions of your houses!"

"You're so inventive Lizzie! We just may need your help one day with re-doing Pixie Hollow!"

"Sorry what was that? I only understood "inventive," "help," and "Pixie Hollow." Oh no! Did something happen to Pixie Hollow?!"

"Oh no nothing happened! Never mind."

"Oh ok. Would you like to stay for dinner? Father got our new chef to prepare a big feast."

"I would love-"

"Sorry Tink, but I think that we have to go. It's getting pretty late."

"Oh I understand Tinkerbell. You should both go on back to fairy camp."

"Thanks for understanding Lizzie."

"It's no problem! You both must be on a date or something right?"

   Tink and I both blushed. This isn't the first time that people have thought that we were on a date or something. It's been really hard to avoid direct conversation about it.

"Well... not really Lizzie."

"Oh I'm so sorry for thinking that! You both just seem really close and seem like you're more than friends."

"Oh well it was fun while it lasted Lizzie, see you next week!"

   Tink quickly grabbed me and flew me out the window, holding my hand. I felt like I was in heaven. All of the colors around me were even more vivid than before, and I could feel my heart racing so fast, it felt like it was going to burst right out of my chest. Once I snapped out of the illusion, I realized how far away we were from Lizzie's cottage already, like we had been flying for 10 minutes. On the contrary, we had only been in flight for about less than 5. I also realized that Tink, (who was still holding my hand,) was a little redder than her normal flustered face. Another observation that I found, was that her hand was also sweating. A little fact that may seem creepy for me to know but, Tink's hands never sweat. It's the same with most Tinker fairies. Could this be an indication that.... no....... could this mean that she ..... likes me?