2 [rewritten]

Later that evening, Yseiah woke up in a much worse state than she have been the night before. Her muscles were twitching from the beatings she got, her nerves felt like it was lit on fire. She knows that her bruises appear more bluish and could feel the warmth enveloping her whole body. Her brother is sprawled all over her, and she's thankful that his state wasn't as bad as hers.

Her grumbling noises woke Harry up and with a wince of his own, he took notice of Yseiah's form. His eyes slightly widened from the battered appearance of his sister and if it wasn't for her gentle hold on him, he would have broken down from what state they both were in.

The moment he comes aware of their situation, he vowed to get them out of this house as soon as possible. The only thing that kept him from not ever coming back was his sister. Harry tried it multiple times to bring her with him in Hogwarts, but Albus Dumbledore was very against the idea of it. She haven't received her letter yet...

And what choice did he had aside from leaving Yseiah with their magic-hating family? None. As much as he wanted to be angry with the people that should have been protecting them, he can't. He doesn't have enough yet. He wasn't powerful enough. And even though he hates to admit it, he knows that they knew better. They knew what's best for him and his sister.

And how much he loathes to trust them all. If he just knew better...

_______________________

Harry and Yseiah stood quietly in the kitchen, with Harry clutching the mop for support while Yseiah stands beside him. Vernon charged towards them with a demonic glint in his eyes, the danger that it implies leaves a raging shudder within Yseiah.

"Read it! Go on!" Harry took the letter from him and his face looks like he'd just seen a ghost.

The letter contains a warning regarding the usage of magic that happened here in the Dursley's. Harry's not allowed to do magic yet not until he turns 17. He never mentioned it with the Dursleys thinking that it might give them a leverage to not physically harm them. And now that he's made aware about it, he's throwing a fit.

"Well it seems you're both really lucky now, no more going outside. I'm locking you up in the bedroom! And you won't be going to that blasted school ever again- they will surely expel you!"

---------------------------------

The day went by pretty quickly and before they knew it, it was already dark outside. The siblings did chores the whole day and was only given two stale bread to avoid them starving to death. It was not shocking to be really honest, they have been used to this kind of treatment.

Once they were done with the chores, they immediately went upstairs to rest. Harry was out the moment his body hit their bed while Yseiah chose to read Harry's Charms book. Luckily, she was able to hid a few of his books as their Uncle decided it was a great idea to put Harry's belongings in the cupboard downstairs and locked it, along with Hedwig. He also put some bars through their windows ensuring that they won't have a chance to sneak outside.

Yseiah got up and went to the bedside table. Then, she saw Harry's wand and immediately got curious, picking it up and inspecting the ridges around the wooden stick. She playfully swish it around and flick it in any direction without care. The girl was smiling the whole time, a warmth emerging within her from just holding something that connects her with her dead parents. She was about to put it back down when all of a sudden, a spark of light emits at the tip of it making her jumped out of surprise.

"What the hell was that?" she whispered through the air careful of not being too loud despite the loud banging inside her chest.

She shakily placed it back to the table and went to bed, gently laying beside Harry careful not to wake him up. She was ready to fall asleep when a strange noise came from outside.