Untitled Part 1

Cha Eun Jae grew to like the pond by the hospital very much. It was getting warmer day by day as Winter slowly turned into Spring. The surface of the water wasn't frozen anymore and they started to get more sunlight, but it was still not warm enough for her to ditch her winter jackets. She looked at the watch on her tiny wrist; it was 2:10 already, Woo Jin's surgery must've taken longer than he thought it would. She leaned down, reaching for a pebble, took a step back with her right leg she bent a bit and threw the pebble into the water, which sank with a huge splash. Eun Jae sighed. How on Earth did he do that? She threw several pebbles after that which all ended up with the same fate. She was about to take her sixth one when she heard Woo Jin chuckle from behind and she turned around immediately.

- How long have you been standing there? - she asked, offended.

- Long enough.

- You're not being fair! - she pouted.

- I'm sorry, but you were so cute I didn't want to disturb you. - he smiled and leaned down to get himself some pebbles too. - Stone skipping, huh?

- Well I'm trying. You made it look so easy I thought I could do it as well. 

- It's nothing. - he smiled, took a step towards her and stopped behind his beloved Eun Jae, putting his hand on her hips as he pulled her a bit closer. - There. - Woo Jin said, giving her a stone. - You just have to have the good ones to do that. Those you used are too thick. So you just take a step back, lean down a bit... - he instructed her, guarding her hand, his other one still on her hips. - There you go! - he said proudly when the stone reached the water surface and bumped on it twice before it sank. Eun Jae was so happy she started clapping with a huge smile on her face.

- Another one? - she asked, looking at him and he couldn't stop adoring how she acted like a child. 

- Here. - he put another pebble in her hand and repeated the same process. 

- Wait, let me try it by myself! - she said excitedly and leaned down to get another one after they threw the second one with even more bumps.

- Eun Jae ya, is this really how you want to spend the couple of minutes we have together before one of us gets called in again? - Woo Jin asked, laughing. 

She dropped the pebble, turned around, shot her biggest smile at Woo Jin and hugged him, burying her head in his neck as she weaved her fingers behind his wide back. With his thick jacket, she felt like he was her big teddy bear as he rested his chin on her head, breathing in the sweet scent of her smooth hair. He pushed her a little to look into those hazel eyes that made him fall for Eun Jae the first day he met her, cupped her face and leaned in to kiss the woman he loved the most. 

- How's your day been so far? - she asked him when she pulled away and took his hand as they started walking around the pond. Looking down on their intertwined fingers, she realized just how perfect her small hand fit into his big one and couldn't help smiling at that thought. 

- Kim sabu and Dr Park started arguing again and they asked me to be the judge in who was right. 

- What were they fighting about? 

- Honestly? I can't even remember now what the initial problem was. They started out from professional things and then the thing I needed to give them my opinion about was where it would be best to start expanding the hospital's building. You know, the trauma center.

- Hm. - she nodded. - So what did you say?

- Dr Park thinks it's the best on the West side, Kim sabu thought it best to start expanding the East wing and I told them the South side would be the best in my opinion. They agreed that none of them agreed with me and started criticizing my non-existant architect skills.