Who is he?

I have been chosen to become the replacement assassin for one of the greatest assassination groups in the world, SOUL. Long story short, unlike the other assassins, I am not an orphan, nor am I from one of the poorest families who are about to starve to death, when one of the SOUL hunter found me. My story before I joined SOUL goes like this...

I was born in one of the most powerful and wealthy families in the country, and my family's history can be dated back for centuries. In short, no other families will easily come to oppose my family, because the families that do usually won't exist for too long before my family wipes them out overnight. But this doesn't mean that we are the top of the ladder. In the country, there are 10 of the most powerful families, my family is one of them. It can be said that this country is run by these 10 families, and they are the main support for the government whom they have unspeakable bonds with. 

Anyways, you might imagine me to be a daughter of a side root whom has the lowest rank in the huge family, but no, your wrong. I, Y/N, am the youngest daughter of the main family's master. I was born with a gold spoon in the mouth and have been treated like a princess by everyone around me. I was respected but feared, because anything I say could result in the death of the entire side root you belong to in this family. 

But one day, everything changed... when the vice master of the family, my father's brother, turned on us, our family fell apart from within. My favourite uncle that watched me grow up since birth killed the pillar of the family, my father, and captivated my mother, my brothers and sisters... I had made a close and frightful escape by falling down a cliff and landing on a protruding platform of the mountain. The uncle that turned on our family... he had hired an assassination group called SILVERLIST, one of the two greatest assassination groups in the world, equivalent to SOUL. Now, this uncle sits in my father's position, and I am being hunted down by the assassins. I am still on the SILVERLIST. 

Continuing the story from when I fell onto the protruding platform on the mountain cliff I fell down. I fell unconscious, but before I fully closed my eyes, I could see a figure standing not too far from me, but the rain blurred my sight. When I woke up, I was already at the Soul Palace. 

OKAY FINALLY FINISHED WITH MY BACKSTORY! Now, I let's begin with my journey after waking up. 

~~STORY OFFICIALLY BEGINS HERE~~

I felt weak. I could barely open my eyes. My body aches and my heart quivers. I am yet to recover from the great changes that have happened in my family. My closest father... My graceful mother... and my loving brothers and sisters...

The memories of the past played in my head like a movie. The deeper I was in the thought, the more uncontrollable my tears. I let myself cry... my body aches as I sob. I let out a helpless cry. I felt like no one could understand my feelings at this moment. I lost my father, someone who was like the greatest mountain to me whom I can rely on and trust without limit, and the rest of my family, I don't even know whether if they are still alive and safe... Once, my family was at the golden state, but now...

Just as sobbed, I saw a man walk into the room. It was only at this time that I noticed my surroundings. This room is monotonously coloured, and overall it gives off a futuristic, high-tech vibe. The bed is soft, and yet it still hurt when my wounded body came in contact with it. 

The man walked to my bed, he seemed quite surprised that I was awake, but this expression vanished after a split second, although I was fast enough to only catch a glimpse of it. 

This man is ridiculously handsome, I thought to myself

This man is ridiculously handsome, I thought to myself. His skin is perfect and his facial features look even more attractive than those actors from a Korean drama. His eyes seemed to have the stars of an entire universe and the power to see into the deepest parts of your soul. All of these thoughts popped up in my head in a fraction of a second, but my defensiveness quickly kicked in, making me automatically shuffle backward on the bed. 

'You are finally awake, my master' he said. Seeing my reaction, he stopped where he was and gave me a smile. 

Wow. How can one look so charming just smiling like that. His voice is so deep and calming. I felt like my emotions calmed down a bit just hearing him speak. I wiped away my tears and looked at him. He does seem to understand my defensiveness and confusions. 

"Please allow me to introduce myself, master, my name is Kim Taehyung, and my shadow codename is V," he said in a soothing and respectful tone, "From today on, I will become your shadow, as allocated by the Soul headmasters."

My head kind of popped. What and where?? Did I just hear SOUL?? I was first on the Silverlist and now I get myself into this trouble? What do I do now!? Jump off another cliff?!

I don't know how my facial expressions changed as these thoughts went through any mind, but from V's (thats his name right?) slightly worried expression I could tell that I must have been pretty dramatic...

"Do not worry, my master, I will not harm you, in fact I will protect you and not let anyone else harm you in any way."

He continued, "the Soul headmasters have heard about your family's situation and they see potential in you. If you want to become powerful, then joining Soul is your best, and only option." 

He's right... If I go out right now I will be killed instantly by the Silverlist assassins. Even if I do escape their sight, how will I revenge for my father, and rescue my mother and siblings? I know I cannot let myself just watch that devil uncle sit soundly on my father's position, I have do take it back, for my family, and for myself... but... is Soul trustworthy? And this man, my 'shadow' V? What's a 'shadow'? 

With these thoughts, I eventually quickly made up my mind, I know this is a dangerous and risky choice, but what have I more to lose? How else can I obtain power quicker than joining Soul? who else can take battle against the Silverlist...?

"I'll join Soul." I resolutely replied. 

I observed V's response as I said this, he seemed to be happy and relieved to hear this, little did I know that if I did not accept this offer, him being the 'shadow' that the Soul headmasters had assigned to me, will have to be punished and the situation will be treated as the betrayal of the assassin, which he will then receive the punishment of death as the shadow of the assassin. 

He kneeled down on one knee and with both hands handed me a small piece of wood. The wood was of dark red colour, and seemed to be of very good quality. There are carvings and patterns on the wood, and in the middle carved the letter, V. 

"This is my codename identity proof, as you accept this, I will officially become your shadow." he said as he gazed into my eyes, "from the moment you accept this, I will protect you at all cost, ensure that no one will harm you in anyway, always be by your side and do my best to train you into the greatest assassin of all times."

All of a sudden, I blushed. my ear tips were boiling hot. I couldn't hear anything else in this world apart from his deep, soft and charming voice. I was on the verge of taking off, because I could not bare him gazing at me with those attractive eyes and saying things like this to me. My heart was pounding like it was going to escape from my throat. 

I quickly snatched the little wooden object from his hands, and looked to the side. trying my best to hide my blushing face. 

"Just stand up already, I'm not used to people kneeling down for me..." I said in a hurry, my eyes not knowing where to look, as he stood up, looked at me, and... smiled.