Prologue (Recap of Book 1 & 2)

Author's Note: This is a summary of things you should know from the first two books (mainly the second book). There are some differences between the books and the movies. The main difference is Marco is called Levi in the books and Chloe is called Amanda in the books.

Last year sucked, plain and simple, especially the beginning. I can't believe how much drama ensued between me and the Flynn brothers. I thought the worst was over once Lee found out about me and Noah our junior year... boy was I wrong.

First, Lee made the football team, which you'd think would be a good thing, except he became a jerk because of it. And I mean a huge jerk, worse than Noah ever was. He was trying to be cool for his football friends and his way of doing that was yelling at me at a party. Oh, and lying to me and Rachel so he could get hammered at Jon's house with some cheerleaders. This was on top of the fact that he had been ditching me for Rachel and I barely even saw him.

Then there was Noah, who was all the way across the country in his freshman year at Harvard. He struggled with his schoolwork at first and nearly failed out. I guess he wasn't used to having to study for his classes, unlike us mere mortals. Luckily he met Amanda (a beautiful, blonde from Britain) and she helped him out. Unlucky for me, he was too embarrassed to tell me any of this, which led me to break up with him.

The one good thing about last year was Levi. Cam introduced Levi to our friend group (Levi was his new neighbor) and we all hit it off. I ended up hanging out with Levi even more than Lee (since Lee kept ditching me) and we got really close.

That leads me to the worst part about last year... Thanksgiving. Noah brought Amanda home for Thanksgiving and I assumed they were dating (along with everyone else). She was super sweet and I couldn't even hate her, which was really annoying. I left early to vent to Levi about everything, and I was so upset that I kissed him (it was my attempt to try and get over Noah). If that wasn't bad enough, Noah saw the whole thing. Thankfully, Levi forgave me and things went back to normal between us right away.

Noah and I worked everything out, same with me and Lee. Lee and I are going to Berkeley in the fall, just like we always planned. Levi isn't going to college, he's going to work and live at home until he figures out what he wants. Rachel will be at Brown, so Lee and I will have to struggle through our long-distance relationships together.