THREE

we were just 2 kids too young and dumb
young, dumb and clumsy hearts
hold them tight on that particularly sad day
you and i, you and i

"you know this isn't going to work, right?" he breathed out, large hands cupping her face gingerly.

goeun was also breathless, too blinded by the feeling of his skin on hers to think properly.

"i don't care."

jisung's thumb caressed her cheek, and then her lips were on his.

of course, they were young and reckless; living their lives with thoughts of forever dancing through their pretty little heads. goeun lifted her hands until they were placed warmly over jisung's, which were still holding her face.

when they pulled apart, all they could do was smile at each giddily other. they knew it was dumb and wrong, but it felt so right at that moment that neither cared.

jisung used to sneak glances at her in every class they had together, not-so-stealthily peeking over his shoulder towards the back of the classroom. her cheeks would turn crimson every time their eyes met, and his heart would skip a beat.

they felt so sneaky, as if they were on their own undercover mission that no one else knew besides them.

it felt good.

that day, though, she hadn't looked up to meet his eyes.

jisung had instantly spotted the uncharacteristic pout to her pink lips and a red tint to her nose. of course he was worried, but he couldn't freely show or express it until the class was over and empty. and that was the biggest drawback to their secret, undercover romance.

he had comforted her in the empty courtyard after school ended. it was their little getaway from reality-a place where they could freely be together.

jisung had hugged and kissed her after all she said was "it's just a sad day."

he promised to hold her tight and make her feel whole again.

that was what he promised.