FOUR

wishing you would hold me but i pushed you
saying the words "i'm sorry" was uhm
2 kids too young and dumb
if i endured everything, would it be different?
you and i

jisung and goeun walked side by side as they roamed the student-less hallways. they'd both excused themselves to meet up and be together without having to worry about wandering eyes or nosy classmates.

the girl wore a stunning smile as she dazzled up at the boy, who smiled back gently. jisung didn't fight or pull away when goeun intertwined her fingers with his.

she instantly felt all her stress melt away.

the squeak of shoes grabbed the couple's attention, and jisung was quick to untangle their hands to step far away from the girl. he acted as if she were an infectious disease.

goeun hesitated, taking shaky steps forward as she slowly moved to the opposite side of the hallway.

two boys-one with neon green tuffs and the other with shiny black hair-laughed wildly as they turned the corner together. when their eyes fell on jisung, their laughter grew into wide smiles.

"hey, man!"

"jisung pwark cutting class?"

the blond boy grinned and snickered as he greeted them with handshakes and fist bumps. to avoid drawing suspicion, he didn't dare a glance at goeun, and she hurried forward until she was able to turn the corner.

while she walked, she could feel the two boys glare on her back, but goeun only kept her head down. she waited in paralyzing silence for a few seconds until jisung appeared in front of her with a small, awkward smile.

she mimicked the look, playfully pushing him to the other side of the hallway as they continued their mini-adventure.

"i'm sorry," he dragged cutely, attempting to step closer to her, but goeun pushed him back with a devious grin.

sighing in defeat, the boy settled with holding his pinkie out to her, and goeun gladly took it.