Dani's problems

Ham takes a couple of practice swings as he says. "Hamilton "The Babe" Porter. "Long-ball" Porter. Come on, Ruiz."

He stops swinging his bat and points to the center of the field, just like Dani and her dad did.

All the boys start laughing, Dani laughing the hardest. She was bending over holding her stomach as hair covered her face and her hat was backwards.

Yeah-yeah taunts. "Yeah-yeah. Give him a hockey stick."

Dani just shakes her head as DeNunez pitches the ball. Ham tries to hits it, but strikes.

Benny caught it the ball and stood as he said. "Woah."

Ham annoyedly asks. "You call that pitching?"

DeNunez laughs as Benny throws the ball to him, Ham saying. "This is baseball, not tennis."

Dani says. "Give him a tennis racket."

Ham takes a few practice swings as he says. "Give me something I'm going to hit."

DeNunez nods as he dares Ham. "All right, Ham. This is my Heater. I dare you too hit it."

Dani laughs a little as she watches DeNunez wind up.

Ham takes a couple more practice swings and mumbles. "You'll be sorry."

Squints says. "Give that boy a bigger bat."

DeNunez nods. "You want the Heater, I'll give it to you."

He gets ready to pitch as squints says. "Give him a basketball. Maybe then he'll hit it."

DeNunez pitches the ball to Ham and he hits it over the fence into the scrapyard. Ham drops his bat and claps as he yells. "Yeah! That's how you do it, Smalls."

Rocki groans as Benny yells. "Ham, you idiot! Now we can't play no more!"

DeNunez takes off his glove and throws it at Ham. "Great you, idiot!"

Everyone starts throwing their gloves at him as he runs through all the bases. "Hit me with the heater."

Squints hits Ham with his mitt as Bertram hits Ham with his hat. "Stupid idiot!"

Ham just smiles and jokes around. "Low and outside! Just like I like it!"

They all continue to hit Ham as Dani chuckles at the boys she calls her friends.

Dani looks back at Benny and notices he was staring at her. Benny quickly turns away as a light blush forms on his face.

Dani blushes and looks down as she smiles to herself.

The guys had made it over to Benny at home base as they kept hitting Ham as he said. "1932 called shot World Series by The Babe."

Dani smiled and went to join the fun, but stopped when she saw Smalls walk over to the fence. He was doing what she tried to do 5 summers ago, trying to climb it.

Dani immediately ran in Smalls's direction and yells out for him to stop, but he doesn't listen. The boys finally stop hitting Ham when they noticed what Dani was doing and do that same. "No!"

They all shout for Smalls to stop as they run towards him. "Smalls, come back! Smalls! Smalls, wait!"

Smalls looks back and sees Dani as she pulls him down from the fence. "What are you doing?"