11. Coronation Ceremony

Finally, the day had arrived. It felt like no ordinary day as everyone was happy. Leaders of every pack, courtiers, nobles as well as subjects of the realm were looking forward to progress under the rule of new Monarch.

Ariana walked up to the breakfast table with a smile on her face and a rose tucked behind her left ear. Every person on the table was busy feeding themselves as after the ceremony, they had to shift and go on a long run led by their new Alpha.

When she took a seat, she caught their attention. What happened then had never taken place before. She was wished on her birthday by people other than her brother and mother. She happily thanked all of them.

After everyone dispersed, Luna Barbara, Anwar, Naomi, Emma, Ivory, Christopher and Mary stayed behind and gave her a hug turn by turn. It became a rare moment when Alpha Edward caressed her hair and then wished her a happy birthday. She did not know what to say. She sat frozen on her spot. Luna Barbara wiped her tears away.

Just then, Persephone appeared out of nowhere. She looked shocked for a brief moment seeing her father's hand on her sister's head. But shaking herself out of it, she sat on a chair and started piling on her plate.

"Won't you wish your sister on her birthday?" asked Christopher, annoyed by her attitude.

She stopped eating. "Now we have started wishing her on her birthday?" She chuckled. "Happy birthday." She said, looking at no one in particular and resumed her eating.

Ariana was unfazed by her behavior. But Luna Barbara snapped. "Persephone!" However, as usual this did not have any effect.

Luna approached her elder daughter. "Where were you yesterday?"

Persephone was eating quietly.

"Answer your mother." Alpha Edward ordered.

Persephone threw the fork she was eating with and stood up. She left the table without saying a word.

Needless to sat, everyone was furious.

**~~~**

Persephone was walking through a corridor and murmuring along the lines of

"People are so nosy these days..."

"Why do they care?..."

"They are showering their love to that weakling anyway..."

She came to a halt when she saw a man. The man was occupying the balcony she was intending to use for venting. Any other day, she would have been furious over someone getting something that she wanted. But then, she felt happier than ever.

The man seemed to tense up at first and quickly turn around.

After coming face to face with each other, both mates broke into a wide smile. They came closer and embraced each one another.

"I can't believe..." The man spoke in a shaky voice.

"Me neither..." Persephone whimpered.

"I can believe it's you among all."

"Are you disappointed?" Persephone sounded hurt.

"No! No" The man quickly rectified. "Not at all."

They held each other for a while before Persephone began sobbing. The man caressed her hair. "Why are you crying?"

"Nothing." She broke the hug. The man still kept her at arm's length.

"Do you mind if we keep this information to ourselves for now?"