↷· · · ♡ !

the cold breeze hitting my ears, giving me shivers, and the sound of snow crunching below my feet, steadily walking down the snowy mountain.

or so i thought, after face planting into the snow.

"ow!" i said, trying to pick myself up. "the snow must be melting.." i sighed, looking up into the sun beaming down at me.

i was coming down from the mountain after dropping off some wood to my grandfather, who happens to live all the way up there. it's quite the struggle having to go all the way up there and back, but i wouldn't want to leave him freezing.

soon after, i got home at sunset. "huh? it's already 7? time flies going to see grandpa." i said, taking off my heavy winter coat. i sat on the porch and watched the sunset, when i noticed the tree branches rattling. "huh? what's happening, there's no wind, so what could it be?" 

it was already dark, and i was getting hungry, so i went back inside to cook.

i live by myself. i used to live with my grandfather up the mountain, but his cabin is far from town, and we didn't have a lot of food, so when i came of age i moved down the mountain. it's quiet around where i live, in the forest. but i'm still pretty close to town, and a couple villages. but, i always hear bears, or strange rattling. which freaks me out.

i sat back down at the table, and started to eat the rice i had cooked. i picked up my chop sticks, and right when i was about to eat, i saw the door-nob opening.

"huh..? who could be here at this hour?" the door swung right open. my eyes met with a demon. in shock, i crawled back, speechless. "p-please.. stay back!" i got up and ran to the back door, and grabbed an axe that was sitting on my deck. 

the demons arms grew longer, grabbing me and pulling me back inside. crying hysterically, i accepted my fate, and just hung there, in his hands.

right when i thought it was all going to end, the demons hand dropped me, leaving me laying on the floor in pain. i turned my head, and it was the demons chopped of head, laying next to mine.

i screamed, and crawled back, crying. 

"are you alright?" a low but relaxing voice told me from behind. i stayed silent, in shock. just sitting there, staring at him. 

he reached out his hand, offering to help me up. i slowly grabbed his hand, and once i was up i hugged him, leaving tears on his haori. his eyes widened, hugging me back.

"t-thank you." i said, choking back on my tears. his gentle hands touched my shoulders pulling out of the hug. "are you alright?" his calm voice said, making me sleepy. "i-i think so. but what was that.. thing?" 

"it was a demon." he said, "well then does that make you a.. demon slayer?" he chuckled softly, and nodded his head. i lightly smiled. 

then, i noticed the shirt i was wearing got ripped from the demon, and blushed in embarrassment. i quickly ran to my room to change, but once i got back he was gone.