Prologue

Jabberwock Island was his normal setting. Every morning he would wake up, go get breakfast at the restaurant, spend the day with the others, then go back to bed. The cycle would repeat. But one day.. It changed.

Izuru woke up. He couldn't place it but it felt.. Odd. He got out of bed and pulled his floor-length hair out of its bun. It fell to ground like a black waterfall. Izuru put the hair tie around his wrist as he left his cottage. He looked around and noticed that everyone else's cottages were dark. He must of been the last to wake up. The rest of them must of already been at the restaurant. Izuru walked to restaurant, past the rest of the cottages, past the pool and old building, then into the restaurant. He looked at the arcade machine in the corner.

"Nanami isn't there...... Maybe she's got a hand held.." Izuru thought as he went up the stairs. The restaurant was.. Oddly quiet. "Where.....is everyone?" Even Komaeda wasn't there. Izuru noticed that he wasn't the only one there. In the middle of the room was a teddy bear. A teddy bear that was split down the middle, the left being black and the right being white.

"Monokuma....?" Izuru asked. ".. Do you perhaps know where the others are?" Monokuma was silent. He just... Stood there. "Monokuma?" Izuru repeated. The bear remained silent.

"What the hell......" Izuru said to himself and looked around. Something caught his eye. It was by the kitchen. It was a second Monokuma. Izuru stood there silent. Was this.. A joke? Was everyone in on this... Joke? Izuru knew that there were extra Monokumas.. But he'd never seen multiple active at one time.

"Monokuma? What's going on?" Izuru asked. The bears remained silent, staring at him. Izuru started to back away as he looked around. More Monokumas started appearing. One by a table. One in the window. Another right in front of him which made him jump. Izuru took a step back and tripped over something. He frantically tried to stand back up but was failing. Izuru there realized two things. One, he had tripped over a Monokuma. Two, he was too close to the stairs and was falling. A sharp pain hit the back of his head and he heard a loud thud. And Izuru lost consciousness.