Nikki Sixx X Reader Chapter 1 - So, This Is Love?

December 13th, 1980, 12:30 AM

"It's gonna be alright, Nik.. she wasn't worth your time", you said in a sympathetic voice, to comfort Nikki, as he sat next to you, venting about how he had just found out his girlfriend was cheating on him.
"I'm never good enough for these women.. they all think that I'm just a toy for them to mess around with, and cause harm to..", he complained, as he let out a big sigh of annoyance.
"No, they don't, Nikki.. maybe some girls, but not all of them. Trust me, an amazing girl will come along to you, and she will make you happy as can be!", You replied, gently rubbing his back.
All he could do was look up at you, and give you a small smile, and a shrug.
"It's super late, already.. you really should get home.. I don't want your boyfriend yelling at me, again, either..", Nikki said, as he gently wrapped his arms around you, and gave you a hug. You hugged him back, with a smile.
"Don't worry, he won't.. I won't let him..", you promised, before you headed home.
Once you got home, you took your coat off, and hung it up in the big hall closet. You slipped your shoes off, walked upstairs, and it was time for you to go to sleep.

December 13th, 1980, 8:30 AM

You woke up to your phone ringing, and so you picked it up, rubbing your still sleepy eyes.
"Hello..?", you said, still disoriented from sleep.
"Hey, babe..", your boyfriend said on the other line.
"Oh.. hey, baby..", you answered.
"What's up?"
"Oh, nothing.. I'm just wondering how you're doing", he said.
"I'm fine, babe.. I just woke up..", you explained, yawning.
"Yeah..? Well, that's okay, baby..", he said, clearing this throat.
"Anyway, I hope you haven't been talking to that Nikki, or whatever his name is.. I know he's your friend, but I don't like him, (Y/N)..", your boyfriend complained, like an asshole.
"Well, I don't care if you don't like him.. he's just a friend, and you know that!", you raised your voice at him, getting annoyed.
"But does he know that? Or does he think he actually has a chance with you..?", he retorted.
"Ugh.. you know what?! I'm tired of you controlling me! We are over!", you yelled into the phone, as you slammed it down, hanging up.
Your boyfriend wasn't just like this about Nikki, either. Sometimes he would complain to you that he didn't like any of your friends. One time, you two even got into a big argument because he wouldn't let you go out, for a night with your friend, (Best friend's name). It was so ridiculous. You didn't care anymore, though. With a sigh, you then decided to pick the phone back up, and call Nikki.
After a couple of rings, he answered.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Nikki. It's (Y/N).. What are you up to, today?", you asked.
"Umm.. I don't think I'm doing anything, today. Why do you ask?"
"Well, I was thinking that we could maybe hang out! There's a movie at the theater, tonight, and I was wondering if you wanted to maybe go with me", you asked.
"Oh.. wait, what does your boyfriend think of that? I don't want him to get angry..", Nikki said, cautiously.
"Hmm? Oh.. well.. about that..", you began.
"What's up, (Y/N)?"
"We.. we broke up — or, I broke up with him..", you confessed.
"What? What happened?", Nikki asked, sympathetically.
"Nikki, I was sick and tired of him bossing me around, controlling me, and being so jealous all of the time. It's draining, and I felt like a caged animal", you told him, with a disappointed sigh.
"Oh, gosh.. (Y/N), I'm sorry.."
"It's okay. It isn't your fault. I'm just.. I'm glad that we are over, but it's just upsetting to think about how horribly he treated me", you replied.
"I could only imagine. Well, sure, we can go to the movies, tonight, and we will have fun, okay?", Nikki replied.
"Sure.. thank you so much, Nikki", you thanked him, before hanging up.
Suddenly, you felt a feeling in your heart. It was an odd feeling, and you suddenly realized what it was. Love. You were in love with Nikki, and you knew it. You quickly shook it off, though. You had known Nikki since high school, and you only thought of him as a close friend, no more.
Or.. did you?