How to Lose Weight in a Week

Some believe starvation is a great way to lose weight. It does help, but has limitations. Once your body is deprived of nutrients for some time, it reacts by going into starvation mode.

Under these conditions, unsure about availability of nutrients in the future, your body attempts to conserve energy sources. It safeguards every bit of fat stored in your body, preferring to sacrifice protein for energy production instead. This interferes with your plans of how to lose weight in a week.

This is also the reason why carbohydrate depletion has limited effect in sustaining weight loss. In the long-term, protective defense mechanisms will conspire to conserve fat in the face of prolonged calorie restriction, preventing weight loss. Crash diets are not very successful for this reason. Deprived of vital nutrients like minerals and vitamins along with calories, the body's metabolism locks down in a concerted effort to preserve energy resources in the form of fat.

How to lose weight in a week? You must do three things.

| It is important to eat a balanced, healthy diet even when you're planning to lose weight rapidly. This is because when you try to blindly reduce calories, you'll not only provoke your body into taking defensive measures to store fat but also throw other things like hormones and metabolism out of balance.