Chapter 37

Jamal's POV

"Honestly Mateo, school was dead without you. No one to make fun of me for having my nose inside a book through out exam. Only Vanessa made fun of me and it wasn't fum without you." Somadina ranted and Mateo tried not to laugh so hard. Vanessa jabbed her boyfriends side for the comment he made.

"Oww, babe. I was joking, I was only joking. You are fun." He clutched his side, indirectly apologizing to her and everyone laughed, even Mateo who suffered the consequences of immense pain at his side.

Easter break had already started and we took that opportunity to have an hang out because it's been a while and we really needed to bond, especially after what happened with Mateo. Now, we were seated under a shed, outside Cold stone, taking ice-cream to help us cool from the hot April weather.

"Well, I'm actually very glad to be back. It's been one hell of a month, staying confined inside that house. I was getting pretty tired of it. Thankfully Skye came by occasionally." He looked at Skye as he said that and Skye in turn looked away shyly. This didn't go unnoticed to me.

I didn't miss the looks Mateo has been dishing Skye all day and I certainly didn't miss the fact that my sister was going over to spend more time in his house often this days. She hasn't told me anything and neither has Mateo, both of them trying to avoid the topic. But every one could literally feel and see the sparks between them.

"So, are you guys..." Vanessa motioned between both of them and did a finger gesture that suggested if they were together.

"What... No." Both of them quickly denied and the rest of let out a scoff at the same time like it was planned.

"You guys are talking as if the rest of us a blind or something." I chipped, taking a spoon of my Ice-cream.

"Ikr! I can't ignore the sparks flying around abeg. I've been noticing the looks you have been dishing each other, the secret hand holding and stuff." Elyon wiggled her brows goofily and I chuckled, throwing his hand over the back of her chair.

"Okay, fine." Skye stopped the teasing. Then she looked at Mateo as if asking for a go ahead. "We are kinda getting there..." She started and Mateo assisted.

"We are not official yet." He clarified and Skye nodded. "We just want to take things slow." He added.

"Well, me I'm just glad everyone is booed up." Vanessa said and everyone laughed.

"Okay y'all. Let's talk about prefect positions. I'm anticipating like mad." I quipped and everyone got interested in that topic immediately.

"Head boy." Elyon dished.

"Hands down, my baby." Vanessa gave Somadina a side hug and everyone agreed with the pick except Somadina himself, like always.

"I've always told you guys that I might end up becoming the time keeper." He said, giving a nonchalant shrug and I groaned.

"Sometimes, I think he actually knows he's winning that post. He's just trying to feign ignorance so that we can stroke his ego." Elyon leaned in to whisper in my ear and I chuckled.

Pretty true.

"Guy! Use your head." Mateo reached over to smack Soma on his head.

"You are the most brilliant guy in the school and its always the brilliant ones that get the head boy post." Skye chipped in and I nodded in agreement

"I'm pretty sure there was nothing stopping you from bagging that post since SS1. School just to follow protocol." I stated and everyone nodded in agreement.