The Writing on the Wall

The four biggest lies

That were ever told

Are "I don't have any gum left."

"I have read and agreed

to the terms and conditions,"

and "We're not paying the ref."

The last biggest lie

Is the biggest of all.

You hear it every day.

The biggest lie ever told is simply,

"I'm okay."

***

Rosalyn Corday is many things.  She's whiny and dramatic, she's stubborn and bottled up, she's goddamn brave and determined, but... most importantly, she's poetic.  Artistic.  She has a passion for life and mystery and Why and How things are the way they are.  She writes it down, too.  She strains her emotions out of her system and pours them onto the clean white pages of her poetry book--her heart and soul on paper.

     The last thing you need to understand about Rosalyn is that she lets nothing get past her.  Nothing.  After months of dealing with the excruciating pain she becomes strong enough--but just barely--to face the facts... and she does.

     Like I said, she's whiny and dramatic: she'll exaggerate on the details along the way.  Like I mentioned, she's stubborn and bottled up: she is doing this on her own.  Like I warned, she's goddamn brave and determined: she will figure out the mystery.  Like I told you... she's poetic.  And when she puts her heart out on the page it's out, and there's no taking it back.

     Soulful and heroic, Rosalyn is one of a kind.  But--oh, I'm getting so ahead of myself, aren't I?

     How about we go from the beginning?