Arrival

Legolas scanned the waiting crowd in Valinor, searching for a once-beloved face. His heart sank when even his keen elven eyes could not see her bright red hair, nor could he hear her ringing laugh. The light of the setting sun painted everything in gold and deep shadows, the rays glinting off the sea. As the ship neared the dock, Legolas glimpsed a flash of red and turned towards the splash of colour, seeing Tauriel for the first time in many decades. Their eyes met for a second, blue staring into green, then Legolas vaulted off the ship and landed lightly on the wharf, running to the elf who had been his first and would be his last love.
The two elves sped towards each other, finally seeing the truth that had lain dormant for years; they loved each other, and always would. Legolas gathered her to him, sweeping her up in his arms before claiming her lips with his own, a passionate reminder that his feelings for her had not dimmed with the passing ages. They embraced for the longest while, and when they broke apart, their hands were still entwined.
And then Tauriel smiled, her first real smile since she had departed Middle-Earth after the death of Kili. Its radiance equaled that of the sun and seemed to promise Legolas that she was healed of her grief, that she was his forever, and most of all, that she loved him and always would. Their days to come would be both joyful and painful, but they would share them all together to the end of their days.

A/N: yes, I know this is kinda cheesy and short but I wanted a happy scene for them. This could be it, or I could keep writing and have an epic quest for Leggy's shampoo. I don't know yet, but comment and tell me what you think. Also, please tell me how I can improve; keep the happy and kill the cheese. Thanks! ☺️