True heroes never die

40 years into the future: 

An old cropduster and his SEAT in training stood in front of the parkmap in the famous Piston peak national park lodge.

When the seat suddenly spoke up.

"Dusty ?"

"Yes ?" replied the old cropduster.

"Why is this one called after a name when the others are not ?"

The cropduster looked at the place in question his trainee was referring too. It's a place called Blade's ledge.

"Well" Dusty started as he relived the memories in his head.

"That ledge is close to the air attack base where the best air attack chief in the history of piston peak always stood when he needed some time for himself or to think. No one else ever stood on that spot so the team at that time began to jokingly call it Blade's ledge. Blade was the name of that chief."

The young firefighter in training listened to his mentor as he told the story.

"Blade" Dusty repeated the name.

"He was the one who trained and certified me"

"That guy must be really old then now if he trained you when you were young"

Dusty gave a quick look at her before replying:" yes he was old"

"Was ?" the seat replied. "What happened to him ?"

"Blade was a hard copter to get down, he was resilient alright. Breaking the odds and surviving crashes that would normally be fatal for a helicopter" Dusty said as he remembered the time when Blade used his own body as a shield to protect dusty from the scorching flames; only to then crash as the fire did too much damage to his inner workings.

" He crashed once more a few years ago but this time his age had caught up to him and he didn't survive."

Dusty paused for a bit before continueing:

"He died like a true firefighter; on duty, fighting a fire"

"Oh" was the only reply the young plane could give.

"After he died his ashes were thrown onto that ledge and the park officials putted the place on the park's map and called it Blades' ledge to honor the fallen fire and rescue chief for the rest of eternity."

That evening the old cropduster/former racer now firefighter looked at the memorial stone that stood in front of him and read the text that was engraved in it.

"True heroes never die"