-1

He was confused. And frightened. Of course he would be after witnessing his father's death, or murder. However you want it to be, but the result was the same.

(I was once told that life isn't and death is seperated by a wall)

His father died. And he didn't think he's ready to accept the fact. The fact the his father, the one that tucks him in bed every night, the one that gets up extra early just to make breakfast for him.

(I realised it early)

And since he is in a state of denial, he wasn't feeling extremely sad yet. It wasn't the time to feel sad in the first place, when his father's murderer was stalking towards the closet he was hiding in. He held his breath. Though he wasn't someone to believe in fate, but towards the end of his very short life, the only thing he has left was fate itself. Maybe it was fate that he had to die today, for a greater good perhaps?

(That it was glass that seperated us)

Closing his eyes, he squeezed his knees closer into his chest. He could feel the man who murdered his father in cold blood stopping in front of the closet, reaching for the door. In just a moment, the man wrenched the door opened and he grinned.

A moment,

And the room was engulfed in a blinding silver flash of light.

(Because I could see the other side)

Then it was dark again.

In the dim moonlight, the colour red was strewn across the room, two bodies layed on the ground not far away from each other. His lips tilted into a small smile that nobody else had the chance to see.

(And he was staring back at me)

______________________
Not gonna lie, I wrote and posted something similar to this long ago when I was, like, super damn high at night, so I took it down, refined it, and it's back. Not sure where I'm going with this, but it's gonna be a wild ride for sure.