Don't Go 'Gitme'

...
Beep... beep... beeeeppp!!

"Abla, I think the black car is after you" the taxi driver said to Eda after being chased with loud honks for the past couple of minutes.

"What?!" Eda looked back to see Serkan's car behind them. "Forget it abi, just keep driving!" She responded to the driver.

Beep... beep ... beeeepppp!!!

"Uff ya Serkan! Abi would you please park over there, just for five minutes, I will pay for the waiting as well?" Eda asked the driver real sweetly that he couldn't refuse. Also the car honking behind him was not gonna give him a break.

"It's no problem abla," he answered politely.

"Serkan! What do you want?! What are you doing here, why did you come after me?" Eda was angry but at the same time tired and sad.

"Eda I want to talk with you," Serkan was resistant yet determined.

"What do you have to say Serkan? nothing! We have nothing to talk about! it's all done. Now please, I have to go. I don't wanna miss my flight!" She yelled at him while trying to hide how much she wants him to hold her and not let go of her hands. How much she wants him to get in front of the taxi and stop her. How much she wants him to handcuff her to him and make her stay. She just wants him to stop her yet don't know and don't care how.

"I will send you on a private plane," Serkan replied.
I will send you on a private plane played in her mind again and again. He is there, stopped her taxi, yet he's willing to let her go again. To send her again. Then why did he come? she asked herself. Is he here just to pass a message and let me go, is he not here to stop me. How much seeing his car behind her taxi revived her heart. The word 'I will send you' lowers its speed as something crushed it down.

"Whatever you're doing here, I am going" she said because she couldn't let him play with her heart and emotion like that. As if he is aware of his possession of power.

She started heading back to the taxi and he said it. He said the most thing she wanted to hear from him since Selin and Ferit announced their wedding. Five letters, one word. "Gitme!" He said. 'Don't go'. How happy it made her, how joyful it made her was beyond her expectation. Even though she wanted to jump on him and hug him. Even if she wanted to say I will not. No matter how much she wanted to stay. She needed a reason.

Loving him was the best feeling she ever experienced but the most painful as well. Loving him like he's the source of her happiness, looking at him as he's the Sunshine of her life, only him being able to brighten her day and warm her are such beautiful feelings. However; he was looking at a different woman. He was looking at Selin. Back in the office she told him that it's not hard to tell a woman you want her. But the truth is she was asking herself how hard does it have to be to tell a man that you want him. A man like Serkan. Is it pride or love?

It was never pride that competes with love, but it was fear that held her back. How could she tell him how much she wants him when he wants a different woman in front of her eyes. How could she declare her love while he suffers a love pain of his ex. Where could she find the courage to open up for the person who is asking her to bring his ex back. She felt like she was stuck in the elevator with no electricity. She can neither get out nor move up or down. Just stuck with her love for serkan, without any movement. Not being able to be lived or told. So, if she is going to sophisticate herself by staying next to Serkan, if she is going to be willing enough to suffer her one sided love, she wants a reason. As much as she loved hearing the words 'don't go', this time she wants to hear a reason. Logical or illogical but something bold enough to hold her, other than a job offer nonsense.