𝟐𝟖. 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐑

UNEDITED28

UNEDITED
28. Liar

𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒. How could he explain why Stiles smelled a little too much like him? What was he supposed to say to that? Scott stared at him waiting for answers that he didn't have, and was becoming impatient the more the other alpha stalled by sipping at his cup of tea.

As Scott was about to step forward a hand was placed down on his shoulder and the low laughter of his best friend filled his ears. "Scottie! Hey, you're here. What's with all the tension in the room?"

Erica flocked Stiles, brow raised and eyes analyzing him from head to toe. She could tell there was something Stiles had been keeping for himself, and almost as if she knew what it was she smirked at him. Stiles raised a brow back at her as he was patting the back of his best friend and alpha. Well, one of his alphas. Yes, he was part of both packs, and neither alpha knew which one he was more apart of.

"Why do you smell like you've been crying?"

How could Stiles come up with something on the spot? He didn't know. What was he supposed to tell his best friend? That he was crying because he had just wiped one of his closest friend's mind of the memories she held of his true self? He obviously couldn't say that, and he didn't quite know what to say to him. He let himself become consumed with sadness, knowing his scent would change and tell Scott that he was feeling sorry about something. Maybe something so bad he couldn't talk about it, which in a way, it was.
Stiles let his hands fall to his sides with clenched fists while Scott stared at the side of his face. He tried his best to feign sadness instead of the guilt that swirled in the pit of his stomach. Scott seemed to smell and feel the pain and suffering Stiles was and brought him into a hug. From behind Stiles, Erica, Boyd, and Allison all stood with frowns on their faces. Derek stood in front of the hugging boys sipping on his tea, eyes trained on those of the demigod's.

Stiles seemed to ask Derek for help, which he realized after finishing his tea. He sighed heavily, the air snaking through his nostrils as if on fire with guilt of having to lie to his own pack as well. Erica and Boyd had yet to know about Stiles, and yet to know about them being together as well. Even Peter, who spent almost all of his free time at the loft didn't know about him. And Stiles wanted to keep it that way as long as he possibly could.

"Scott, they were attacked."

Scott pulled away from Stiles to look back at Derek, who had slyly given Stiles the go ahead to be highly emotional if need be. Stiles nodded back so shortly that no one in the room noticed it and all kept their eyes on Derek who now needed to explain what he meant by that.

"Stiles was really shaken up when they all got here. From what I could tell, and get out of them, Percy and Isaac were attacked by hunters who got Isaac's name from the bounty on all our heads. Lydia was the one that dragged Stiles out there, and when they did get there Lydia was attacked as well. Percy and Stiles tried to hold them off, and they did, before the same person who saved Stiles and I from that hunter showed up. He's the one that saved them."