6. The Competition

Not your barbie girl,
I'm livin' in my own world
I ain't plastic,
call me classic

The rest of my classes before lunch came across fine. As lunch time approached I found my way towards the cafeteria. People were standing in line with trays in an assembly line.

If you look at this scene you'll think it looks like a prison. The lunch ladies are mean, they looked like they hated their lives.

I followed everyone else and followed the assembly line of serving food. In the end, I had my food. I cringed as I looked at my tray of food. There was repeated food here. We had these same foods yesterday.

"It really sucks, isn't it?" Serena asked in horror as she looked at her tray of food.

"Did they got angry, today? Otherwise why'll they feed us such prisoner food?" I asked in disgust.

"Maybe they got dumped by their boyfriend. It looks disgusting," Serena replied.

"I agree with it. You've a point. But still they don't have the right to feed us this trashes," I said.

"Let's sit down first," Serena said. I peered across the cafeteria. There was only one empty table, in the corner I shrugged. We went and sat on the empty table. I laid my tray of horror down as I pulled out my lunchbox of cupcakes.

I grabbed one and asked Serena, "Want some? There's only a few here."

Serena looked at me as a lifesaver and quickly snatched the box, "Of course! Who says no to foods!"

After eating one she moaned in pleasure, "Oh! Thank God! You saved my life today, Mars. Otherwise I thought I would have to say goodbye my life today after eating these food."

I chuckled at her action, "Stop bring so dramatic."

"Who's being dramatic here? Just taste them once.. ummm..Oh! They're so delicious. Did you made them last night?"

"You're right. I just tried to do some experiment. So I made only a few. Did you like it?" I asked.

"Like it? I love it! They're so good... Yum," She exclaimed. And started her flattering about the cakes again as if it saved her from drowning.

Such a drama queen. While she was talking non stop I quickly took out a note book from my bag, grabbed a pen from the pockets and wrote success on top of the page of the recipe that I made last night. I tried to do some more fixing here. Like last night Ray said it needs more chocolates. And many more suggestions that Serena also suggested me.

Cooking has been a big part of my life It has always put me in ease. It used to help me to calm anxiety until that breakup thing happened.

"Hi, Can I sit here?" a voice asked me.

I looked up towards a voice and it was a skinny blonde haired boy. I smiled at him and shook my head as he greeted Serena and took a seat across me. "What're you doing?" He asked me as he nibbled down his 'prisoner' food and quickly making a face afterwards.

We laughed at his reaction and I glance back my notebook, "Well it's nothing, just some paperworks"

He chuckled as he picked up the chicken from his tray.