Chapter 1.

The alarm went off at 5:00 am. I have 2 hours until I have to leave for the airport. Today's the big day, the day that we move. I'm not too happy about it. Considering I'm moving from New York to California, all the way across the country. And I don't know one single person there.
"Hailey! Are you up yet? Were leaving in 2 hours!" My mother screams. I can tell she's at the bottom of the stairs looking up into the hallway where my room is.
I grunt and roll out of bed. I really don't want to leave New York and all of my friends here. But I'm doing it to make my mom happy. Ever sense my dad left us she's wanted to leave New York. She tells me it reminds her of bad memories and that she wants to get away. I can't really be mad at her for that because I understand why she wants to leave. So she asked for her job to transfer her to San fransisco, California.
I finished packing last night. So all I have to do is shower and get dressed and do my makeup.
"6:45 Hailey! Time to leave!" I look around at my room. I've always lived in this house sense I was born. My walls were still a light purple color from when I was 7. Now I'm 17 and I have to say goodbye to my home. I smile and chuckle at all the good times I've had in this room. And a single tear falls out of my right eye and I can feel it slowly go down my cheek. I don't want to leave. I love this place. It's my home.
The hour long car ride to the airport consisted of my mom saying over and over again how excited she was that were doing this. I wish I could agree.
"Step through ma'am" the security guards low voice snaps me out of my daydream of how terrible California is going to be. I really hope that dream does not become reality. I look up at the guard; he is at least 6,3. with wide shoulders, too big muscles, and dark blonde hair. He's probably on steroids.
I step into the metal detector. I look to my right as the machine scans me. I see my reflection from the shiny metal. Short, long blonde wavy hair, green eyes & some light freckles across my nose bridge. I'm nothing special, not at all. I wish there was something different about me. But I'm just boring old Hailey.
"San Francisco Hailey! I still can't believe we are doing this. Do you know how many cool things there are in that city?!" If I hear my mom say one more thing about how great San Francisco is going to be, I might just jump off the plane. It's only been 3 hours into the flight. It's only half way over. Dear god help me, I think to myself. "Yeah mom it's gonna be great." I fake smile and roll my eyes. And cover my ears again with my beats. I really should be nicer to her about this whole moving for a new start thing. I'm just upset I had to move and I'm taking it out on her.
"10 minutes until landing. Please sit down and buckle your seatbelt for your own safety. Thank you, we hope you enjoyed your flight. Please fly with us again." The flight captain says over the intercom. That might have been the longest 6 hours ever. This doesn't feel like reality.
I can't believe I just moved across the country. My home is thousands of miles away. I have to make home here now, where I know nothing & nobody.