Chapter 1

A/N: Hi Everyone! This is my first fanfic, and I hope that you enjoy it! I welcome comments, votes, and contructive criticism. I hope you like it! This part is a bit boring, so I hope you keep reading past this part! Sorry! Thanks!

-Katie

--------------

Chapter 1

I slammed my locker shut. "Nicole!" Tara screamed. She ran up to me and crushed me in a death hug. "You can't leave!"

I smiled sadly. "I don't want to either," I replied as I returned the gesture. My boyfriend, Ash, came up behind her.

"Well Nicole... I guess this is goodbye." He gave me a sweet kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist, and mine around his neck, for the last time.

"You know I'm gonna miss you, but I just don't think that this is gonna work out." I gave him a hug. The rest of the A-list crowd was behind them, all shouting goodbyes. My eyes were beginning to well up with tears. "Bye everyone." I waved as I turned my back. I walked out into the crisp, Vermont air with tears in my eyes. My mom honked her horn impatiently. I ran to the car.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

"Yeah." I replied as I watched my old high school become a blur.

We drove to the airport. This was going to be my sixth move in the past eight years. This time, my mom and I would be moving to England. I knew that I was in for the biggest change of my life. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5:00. We went through security and ate a quick dinner. Soon, our flight was called to board. My mom sat in the aisle behind me. I had always hated it when she sat next to me, but I never knew why. Since I was sixteen, she had finally agreed to let me sit on my own. A boy with blonde hair and stunning blue eyes sat next to me. He looked at me, and smiled. I smiled back. The plane rose into the air and I was allowed to unbuckle my seat belt. The boy turned to me again. "Hi, I'm Niall," he greeted in an Irish accent.

I smiled. "I'm Nicole."

"Are you going to England for vacation?"

"No, I'm moving there."

"Oh, that's cool."

"Yeah. You sound like you're pretty far from home. Did you go to America for vacation?"

"Yes and no. I took voice lessons, and did a bit of sight seeing in New Hampshire."

"Oh, I love New Hampshire! I used to go there at least once a month. Do you like to sing?" What a stupid question, I thought, criticizing myself.

"A lot," he replied.

"Me too." He smiled. I closed my eyes. I was so exhausted. And there was going to be a time change. I drifted off into a deep sleep.

"Passengers, please buckle your seat belts! We will be landing shortly." I sleepily blinked open my eyes. I wanted to sleep more, however, I quickly snapped out of my dreamland. I had been sleeping on Niall's shoulder!

"Ohmigosh! Niall, I am so sorry!" He chuckled.

"It's okay. Just remember to buckle your seatbelt." I looked down and blushed. I quickly buckled in. I reached into my bag and pulled out a piece of gum, offering one to Niall. He shook his head, no. "Thanks though." I nodded. Once the plane landed, everyone rushed to get off. Niall turned and faced me. "It was nice meeting you."

I smiled and replied, "You too."

"Niall?"

"I'm over here, mum!" She quickly caught him by the arm and ushered him off the plane. He looked back at me and waved. I returned the gesture. And just like that, my new friend was gone.

Once my mom and I took our luggage, most of which would be delivered to my new house, we hopped into a taxi and drove to our new home. It was large, but there was a huge, empty complex next to it that made it look very small. My mom unlocked the door. "Room dibs!" I called. She smiled.

"You're always too quick for me." I dashed up the stairs. I peeked into all of the rooms. They were okay, but none of them stood out. In one of the smaller rooms, most likely the study, there was a door. I opened it, revealing a set of polished wooden stairs. I climbed them. They brought me to a completely finished attic. It was large, and the owners left a built in TV on the wall. The shaggy pink carpet felt warm on my feet. Right away, I knew that this was going to be my new room. I dropped my luggage, and ran downstairs to tell my mom. She smiled. "I'm glad you found one that you liked. Why don't you look around the rest of the house, while I pick my room?" I nodded as she walked up the stairs. "And Nicole?"

"Yeah?"

"You start your new school the day after tomorrow!" With that lingering comment, she disappeared around the corner. Why would she want me to start a new school on a Friday? Sometimes, I seriously don't get my mom. I looked in the living room, which was somewhat furnished with only two couches, which was where my mom and I would sleep tonight. I looked at the kitchen, and my breath was swept away. Words cannot describe what it looked like. It was just, beautiful. I thought that it had come out of a magazine. I loved to cook, but I hadn't thought that I would ever be able to use a kitchen like this! I smiled, and headed back into the living room.