Marvin's Room - A Reflection

Thick clouds of cannibis smoke fill the air, swirling and rising higher inro the florescent light that brightens the lonely room. One lone stand in the middle, sound proof. Muffled music floating lightly, bouncing off of the silent walls.

The hazy brown eyes blink, filled with trepidation and that familiar high. His heart flipping in his chest as his chiseled lips form every word in his heart. His soulful voice carrying subconsciously.

He does not feel. He doesn't want to.

Another pull. More of that intoxicating haze of smoke wafting around his lean figure, covered in rich denim and the scent of mahogany and crushed rose petals. He flicked his tongue over his lips, a soft, longing sigh escaping his lips before he belts again.

The mic taking in every. single. smooth note. It was as if he was on fire. He was fire.

His heart felt like it was dropping lower and lower with every single note that erupted from his throat. It was all too familiar to him. It was all too common. It felt like the walls were closing in, squeezing all of the life out of him. Draining him of happiness, light....love.

That sweet, sweet love. Love that he could not feel no longer. From his own family, love for himself. He knew it just had to be there. He just didn't...feel it.

This place. This place was suppose to be his happiness, his love. The empty air, solid silence with only the sound of these soulful instrumentals and the croon of his own voice.

What else did he have? What else?

Nothing but the siren call of death, to walk towards that ledge of no return. Free fall into the oblivion.

He blinked, hearing the thoughts calling his name, the vocals never ceasing its flawless performance.

The emptiness was unbearable but he was afraid to let go, even though he wanted to so badly.

So badly to be free.

The inspiration leaving him, his room. This earth.

What else do I have...?