Chapter 1: It Had to Fall Apart to Work

You and Jonathan, or JoJo as most called him, had always been good friends. Over time, though, you noticed that he started to act strange around you. He seemed quieter, almost shy, whenever he noticed your presence. This only got worse once Dio moved in with the Joestars, although you had never actually met him.

You tried to ask JoJo what was going on, but he would always immediately clam up any time you asked. This deeply frustrated you. So much so, in fact, that after some time of JoJo trying to play whatever was happening off as nothing, you stormed off. You decided to take a few days to calm down and collect yourself before going back to talk to JoJo.

When you went to look for JoJo at your typical spot down by the river (in a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! Sorry, couldn't help myself 😅), you couldn't find any trace of him. You waited there for a few hours, hoping he would show up, but he never did. Eventually, you stood up from the ground and decided to just go to the Joestars' manor to look for him.

A butler opens the door almost immediately when you knock on it, letting you into your friend's home after showing his surprise at you actually coming to the house, since it had been so long since you'd done so. As soon as you stepped through the door, you noticed a blonde boy sitting at a table reading. Unfortunately for you, he noticed you as well.

"I shall fetch Master Jonathan," the Butler says, quickly making his way to the stairs. Your response is a simple nod as you wait for the shorter boy to show up. As soon as the butler is out of sight, the blonde rises from his seat, closing his book and placing it on the table before he makes his way towards you, a glint in his eye and smirk on his lips.

"So," you hear him say, "you must be M/N Stone, are you not?"

Holy shit, this guy has an amazing voice. "I am," you manage to answer after a moment. The blonde in front of you seems to become even more smug with your confirmation.

"That would explain it," he says.

"Explain what?"

"For the longest time, Jonathan seemed much too happy. Recently, however, that stopped. I would assume that would have something to do with you?"

"I-I..." Your gaze falls to the floor. "Maybe?"

"Hm. Exactly as I thought. Anyway, I highly doubt JoJo would want to see you now. You did hurt him deeply."

"It was that bad?" you ask almost pathetically.

"I'm afraid so. After all, his best and only friend just up and abandoned him. That would hurt anyone, would it not?"

"Wait, 'only?'"

"Oh? Did he not tell you?" He holds that same air of smugness he started with even now, like he's taunting you.

"Tell me what?"

"All of his friends seem to have turned on him. They now tease him almost relentlessly. He did have one friend left, of course, and a crush as well. But you left him too, and that little damsel in distress of his will no longer go anywhere near him." His smirk seems to widen.

JoJo... has a crush? And on Erina? You tried not to let it show on your face, but you were heartbroken. The truth is that you had liked JoJo for some time now. In fact, it was part of the reason it annoyed you so much that JoJo wouldn't tell you what was wrong. You wanted to protect him as best you could. Now though? You felt sick to your stomach. How could I not have seen this coming? It was so obvious. Your fists were clenched as you thought back to every encounter you had witnessed between Jonathan and Erina.

"What's the matter?" the blond asks you. "Did you honestly not know? It was so obvious." You remain silent as Dio walks towards you. After all, that must be who this is, right? "It's wrong, don't you think, that he led you on for so long. As obvious as his crush on Erina was, your crush on him was even more so." You gasp. "Personally, I would never even consider doing that to someone. You see, I believe in telling people the truth." At this point, your chests are inches away from each other, his hands resting on your chest. "And the truth is," he leans up to whisper in your ear, "I quite like you, M/N."

At this, a few tears start to slip from your eyes. When did they get there? You feel so numb and exhausted, and Dio is right here in front of you... He seems kind enough...

Before you know it, your head falls forward to bury itself in the juncture of Dio's neck and shoulder as your arms wrap around his midsection. Within seconds of this, an exited Jonathan runs toward the stairs, happy to finally see his crush, his true crush, again, only to freeze at the top of them. Tears start streaming down his face at what he sees. His crush is here...

But he's hugging Dio.

A/N:
Hey! So, I'm trying to keep Dio in character as much as I can. Meaning he's a manipulative little shit 😂 Don't worry, he will actually end up liking Reader... eventually.

Unlike with most of my stories, I think I'm gonna try to write the majority if not all of this book before I start posting chapters, then I'll post them periodically. Maybe once or twice a week? I don't know yet. I suppose I'll have to cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm not exactly sure how long this book will be, but I don't think it'll be too long. I already have a sequel planned if people like this enough, though. Or if I like it enough. Either way 😝😂

Be sure to vote if you like this and comment what you think.

Man, it's good to be back.