𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

chapter eight.

I leaned against Vinnie's car, waiting awkwardly after my friends left and he was beginning to say goodbye to his. Ray didn't understand why I was going with Vinnie, but when Ruben tried to hint at him that we wanted to be alone, I wanted to punch him in his throat.

"See you guys later!" Vinnie yelled and waved them off before walking to me. I watched a smile form on his face when he got close, "Ready?"

"Yeah," I nodded and watched as he opened the passenger side of the car for me to get in. I thanked him as I sat in the car before he got in the drivers seat, "Too bad we couldn't skate home."

He laughed as I motioned to my boot, "Well, you were always the clumsy one."

"Bro, when I fell, it was dark as shit, alright?" I defended, "Unless the world was going to suddenly whip out a flashlight, I couldn't tell where I was going." He laughed so more when we drove off, so I hit his shoulder lightly, "It's not funny, Vin."

"It kind of is," He chuckled, "Like, I expected you to twist your ankle doing a trick you know you can't fucking do, not by walking from 7-Eleven, Drew."

"Shut up," I groaned and he shook his head, "But since you enjoying my misery so much, let's go to 7-Eleven on you."

"Alright, fine," He hummed before we drove to the gas station instead of going straight home. "You want to come with or you want to stay out here?"

"Why, afraid that if I fall again, you can't catch me?" I joked and he smiled before taking out the keys.

"No, afraid I'm going to waste money on a slushee by catching you." He remarked and I flipped him off before I got out of the car. I limped to the store and listened as Vinnie stifled a laugh, "I wouldn't be surprised if they got you on camera."

"Shut the fuck up," I groaned, trying to hold my smile, "Just get me a blue raspberry slushee, large."

He smirked before doing a little bow, "As you wish." I rolled my eyes before he went off and I was looking through the snacks. I picked up a bunch of candy and chips and placed them on the counter before he came with our slushees, "You know we're going home, we're not going on a road trip."

I chuckled, "We are going on a road trip. A little one." He raised a brow at me, but held out his debit card to the cashier so we could get our stuff and go.

When our stuff was paid for, we head back to the car, but only for Vinnie to look at me, "So where we heading?"

"Santa Monica Pier?" I wondered and he shook his head in amusement before he put his key in the ignition. I grinned, but held out my hand, "Hand me your phone."

As he drives off, he hands me his phone, but glanced over to me, "Who are going to call?"

"Shh," I silenced him before I dialed my dad's number, and waited until he picked up, "Hey dad, I'm with Estee right now at her house. I was going to stay a little while and come in the morning, okay?" Vinnie laughed as he heard my lie, but I leaned over and held his mouth, listening to my father grumble an "okay". He was drunk like usual. Thank god, Matty was the only one that was actually staying at a friend's place tonight.

I only hung up instead of respond, now releasing Vinnie's mouth, "Wow, what a rebel. The old you would have never lied to your father."

"Yes, I would have," I argued, "Just not as much as I do now."

He hummed in response, "Well, lucky for you, my dad still doesn't give a shit about me or where I am." You and me both, I thought, before letting the rest of the drive be silent except for the music that played lowly.

When we reached the pier and Vincent was quick to hop out before running over to my side and opening the door, "Do you not remember me getting out of the car earlier?"

"Yeah, but who's gonna help you onto the hood?" He wondered and smirked when I gave no answer. I got out the car on my own and limped to front of the car until he stood in front of me again, "Ready?"

I huffed out and held out my arms before he took a hold of my waist and hoisted me up onto the hood. When I got on top, I meet his eyes and feel his hands still on my waist as he involuntarily stood in between my legs. He smiled up at me and I smiled back briefly before glancing back into the car, "Our slushies are gonna melt if you keep standing here."

"One more minute won't hurt anyone," He mumbled, but I playfully shove him off, causing him to let out a laugh, "Fine, fine. Okay." He then walks to the driver side of the car before coming back with our snacks and slushies. I help him and take our drinks so he could get onto the hood with no problem. He then thanked me after sitting next to me, taking his slushies as we both slid back until our backs touched his windshield.

I looked ahead, taking in the silence and the the bright lights that the amusement park displayed. I sipped on my slushie, watching the ferris wheel turn slowly as it flashed with lights, but I could feel Vinnie staring at me, so I turned my attention to him instead, "What?"

He smiled at my question, but glanced down at his cup, "Why did you agree to letting me drive you home?"

"Why did you tell the boys that didn't have to pay you back?" I asked, "Don't tell me you did it just for me to hang out with you."

"No," He shook his head, "I did it because it was just a stupid vase." I give him a look, causing him to smile, "Don't give me that look."

"Why not?" I asked, now crossing my arms, which made his smile grow.

"Because..," He breathed out, "Because I'm going to kiss you if you do." He then stared intently at me, his expression suddenly serious which threw me off guard. I didn't respond, but my demeanor faltered as he leaned into me, our faces, "I like you, Drew."

As he whispered to me, I could smell his blue raspberry slushies on his breath. I opened my mouth to speak, but not much escaped, "Vin.."

"I've always liked you," He mumbled, raising his hand to my cheek before stroking it gently with his thumb.

After that, we were both silence for a moment just staring at each other until I whispered, "So.. what are you waiting for?"

A small smirk appeared on his lips before he leaned in and pressed them against mine. My eyes slowly slipped closed as I feel him move in closer to me with his hand now feeling like it burned on my cold cheek, his warmth making me want to melt in him. Though, after a minute and my insides feeling like mush, I gathered up enough strength to pull away slowly.

I opened my eyes only to watch his flutter open along with a light chuckle, "Shit," He breathed out, his eyes still on me, "I think I'm in love."

I then let out a laugh and push him away lightly before looking ahead, "As if."

a/n::
Sorry for the very late update, but
I have some questions for ya:
-should I make Vincent an
asshole?
-who do you prefer Drew to
be with in the story?