Draco x sister reader

~The girl who didn't have a choice.~

Draco's POV

I sat at the table with my parents discussing this whole thing of me being the chosen one to kill Albus Dumbledore. I look across to see my sister barely eating anything. She doesn't want to do this just as much as I do. She looked like she was going to cry. She slowly stopped eating, I could see her eyes swell with tears. "F-Father?" She called out softly, grabbing my parent's attention. "Wh-What would happen I-if I didn't w-want to do this?" She was afraid of our father "darling-" mother was cut off by our father. "You would be killed without resentment." He stated coldly and I looked up at our father then back at her "oh ok father. Mother, I think I will retreat to my bedroom for the night."

Mother looked at me and gave me a small gesture to follow her, I got up "I think I will also retreat to my bedroom. Goodnight father, mother." I got up and started to leave when my father grabbed my arm. "Make sure she is in check. I will not have her ruining our name in front of the dark Lord." I nod and he lets go of my arm. I go to her room and hear her crying. My little sister has always been fragile to the touch.

I knocked and I suddenly heard the crying stop "wh-who is it?" "Y/n it's me." I heard her small feet come towards the door and she opened it. She had a smile, one that she hoped I would believe, "what do you need Draco?" She let her bangs cover her eyes. But by her nose being a light tint of red I could tell what she was hiding the fact that she was crying. I walked into her room but she didn't protest.

"You were crying." I sat on her bed and she closed the door, "I always did hate how you could tell." I smiled at her small little joke, I patted the spot next to me. She sat down next to me, "how can you do it Draco? Act so cold and mean? Act as if nothing affects you?" I shrug "I don't know myself hummingbird." I heard her start to hiccup and soon her tears came down, "I don't want to do this Draco." I held her "I know birdie." She cried on my chest, "Draco?" "Yes, birdie?" She let out a small sigh "Would you hate me if I left?"

I rubbed her back "I wouldn't hate you but you know we don't have a choice, no matter what we do they will always find us." She looked down and nodded, this took a toll on her mentally and physically. Father would sometimes hit her, I would try and step in front of her but mother always stopped me. Father has used his wand to whip her back, It has left her with scars. "Draco I'm scared." She mumbled. "I am too birdie, I am too." She started to calm down and yawned. "To bed with you then birdie."

I tucked her into bed and left me sweater with her. She often has nightmares and will only get sleep with my blazers. I stepped out of my room and saw my mother "how is she?" She quickly asked, "broken." I didn't mean for it to come out harsh but it did, I walked to my room and locked my door. I wish I could take her away from this cruel world but I can't.

~Time skip to the battle of Hogwarts~

"Draco! Y/n! Come." Draco grabbed his sister's hand as she looked up at him As if they were having a small conversation. He was deciding, she looked distraught. "Come here now!" Called their father making her flinch away and for Draco to step forward. She looked up at Draco and shook her head, she had decided with a small smile she let his hand go as she stepped back with her classmates. He stepped towards his father "good choice Draco my boy as for your sister I can't say the same." Voldemort said as he pulled out his wand and cast an unforgivable curse "Crucio!" She screamed as she fell to the floor in agony "y/n!" Draco shouted making Voldemort turn and give a sickening smirk. "Anyone steps close to her and I kill her. She has to learn." She writhed in pain Draco couldn't bear to watch as he turned away, his mother hid her face in her son's chest. Lucius felt his heart tightening in pain as he saw his darling daughter in such pain.

Then Harry springs into action while he was distracted. Out of surprise Voldemort's curse stopped giving the fragile girl a break. Voldemort ran into the castle, Narcissa and Draco ran to her. She looked in pain and dazed, "y/n!" They knelt next to the weakened girl. "Are you ok darling?" She gave a weak smile "I'll be fine. Just tired." She mumbled weakly "Draco if I were to leave would you hate me?" Draco held his sister's hand. "No, I would never." She smiled "tell your future kids about their aunt y/n for me." She mumbled and blood started coming out of her mouth.

"Y/n!" Draco screamed as he scooped up his little sister and rocked her back and forth she held on to his blazer "I hope you come visit me Draco." She smiled looking into his eyes and her eyes held happiness and relief and she let out a small giggle. "Don't cry I'll always be there to console you, just look up to the sky. And I'll watch over you and your future children, marry a nice girl Draco." He nods and she gave a small smile "till we meet again my brother." She closed her eyes and took her final breath. The people who were near them felt awful as he cried and screamed for his little sister after it was all over Hermione who had seen the young girl protect her from Bellatrix, in Draco's arms she wept as Ron hugged her. Harry could only see over what Voldemort did with such guilt. The mother wept by her son's side and the father was heartbroken. His little girl. He knew he treated her like nothing but seeing her happy when she is dying broke him even more. Draco didn't let his mother or father touch her.

They buried her in the family's graveyard, Draco had a painting of her done and placed in the house and one in the palace. And she kept her promise when Draco would come to her portrait she would speak to him, and she helped him get through his sorrow.

When his children finally went to Hogwarts she was there in the dining hall. Her kind smile shone as she said hello to many children who learned about her. Even the children of the golden trio would come and visit her.

Draco kept his sister's things just in case everything was a dream and she would come back happily skipping humming and singing down the halls.

She went down in history as the girl who didn't have a choice. Because when she did.

She died.