introduction & prologue.

(play sound.)

           ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ Aiden

           ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ Aiden

I sighed as I was forced to stop at a red light, checking my watch to make sure I wasn't a moment too late.

I had stayed a bit late at the library to finish my studying for school. If I was gonna get into law, I had to make sure I was completely tuned in and focused on my studies, otherwise I might fail.

But I was on my way home to my girlfriend of 4 years, Jai. Tonight was date night, and I couldn't be more excited to finally take a break from everything and spend time with her.

"You have reached the voice mailbox of 'Jai Rhodes, I'll call you as soon as I get the chanceee.' Her words dragged out in the voicemail.

"'Baby, hurry up we're late-'"I could hear my voice say before it clicked.

"Hey, baby. Sorry I'm running a little late, I texted your phone but no response? I went to Target to grab a few things but I'm like 10 minutes away. See you soon." I sighed, hanging up the phone.

After at least 15 minutes, I had finally pulled into the driveway. A black, sleek Escalade sat outside in front of the porch.

Maybe she had company? But why tonight?

I put my key inside the lock, turning it to finally step inside and get out of the pouring rain.

"Jai, I'm home! Bring yo' fine ass down here." I smirked a bit.

As I looked to my right where the shoes go, I could see a pair of all black rain boots.

Not. Mine.

I soon heard what sounded like shuffling coming from down the hallway, making me reach in my purse and grab my taser.

I slowly walked down the hallway, making my way to the guest room.

Leaning my head against the door, I could hear another distinct female voice, followed by kissing sounds.

She was cheating.

I could feel my heart pounding out my chest. I was starting to get hot, and my hands were now clammy and shaky.

I took a deep breath, turning the knob with my eyes shut.

I finally opened my eyes, seeing Jai in the bed with another woman. I could feel my heart sinking inside of my chest.

My eyes now stinging from the tears she caused. My whole little 'happy go lucky' life shattering in front of my face.

"Aiden, listen-" Jai started before I cut her off shortly.

"I want you.. to get y-your stuff. And l-leave, J-Jai." I stuttered.

I knew I was upset if she triggered my stuttering. I just couldn't believe it.

I could see her grabbing a few items before she turned on her heel as she made her way out the bedroom door.

"Aiden, I wanna talk about this-" I cut her off

"Well I don't! G-get the fuck o-out!" I pushed her towards the door.

I could see her giving me the puppy dog eyes, making me slam the door harder in her face.

I looked at the table, seeing a velvety box. I rolled my eyes as I picked it up opened it, to be completely surprised.

"She got me a ring?" I asked myself.

She was planning to propose tonight. But it was too late for that. Way too late.

Character(s) So Far;

Jai Tiffani Tanning.
Girlfriend(?) of Aiden.

Unidentified Female

Unidentified Female.
Jai's Piece.