Camp

Cade's POV

   I groaned as I woke, I'd fallen asleep at my desk. I got up and surveyed my small room. My closet was full of jackets and plain T-shirts. My bed with dark grey sheets, topped with a white fluffy blanket, and small drawers along the bottom. Above it hung my cork board, holding up my most treasured photos and drawings. I looked to my desk. It held my math book (slash pillow), and a few colored pencils strewn randomly. I sighed and proceeded to clean up, placing my homework in my bag. I walked over to my closet, grabbing a dark green hoodie, and a black shirt. I opened a drawer under my bed and pulled out a pair of black ripped jeans. My favorite outfit. Since today was the last day of school before summer, I was quite excited. It was kinda sucky that my math teacher decided to have our math test on the last day, but what could I do? I threw on my clothes and slung my bag over one shoulder, grabbed a pair of socks and headed downstairs. I met my mom, making pancakes. "Morning mom" I greeted her, "You're up early" she replied with a smile. "My body told me not to be late for the last day of school" I joked to her. "Since you're up, you shouldn't miss the bus, especially on the last day of school" she said, still smiling. "Don't worry, I won't" I responded as she put two pancakes in my plate. "There's bacon right here too" she said as she places a plate of bacon on the table. "Thanks mom!" I said cheerfully as she sat down, wincing in the process. "How's your hip today?" I asked concerned. "Eh, it's not getting worse" she said, rubbing her hip. After I finished eating I headed to my bus stop. The hot summer air making me sweat. I decided to tie my jacket around my waist. I arrived on the corner of my small street and a slightly more populated street to see Ben running as if he were being chased. I chuckled slightly and jogged over to him. "What's the rush?" I asked, being interrupted by his panting and my giggles. "I'm- alw-always her-here bef-be-before you" he said, still winded. "Ah, wanted to uphold your legacy eh?" I asked with an innocent smirk. "You know it!" He said, now laughing himself. I handed him a water bottle from my bag. "Here, I'm glad I decided to bring two today" I said as he smiled at me. "Thanks dude, I'd be toast without you". We heard and felt it before we saw it. The ground vibrating and the peaceful silence broken by the obnoxiously yellow bus. As we got on, I heard gasps. I look around, confused at what was shocking, when I realized. I blushed in embarrassment as we got to the back of the bus. "I wonder what they were gossiping about" Ben said, sounding genuinely interested. I sighed deeply, earning a confused look from Ben. "Do you know?" He asked excitedly. "Listen for a sec" I said, fearing what we would hear. "He looks like a girl" some brunette announced. "Does he ever eat?" Another giggled. I groaned slightly, putting my hoodie back on. "Ohhhhhhhhhh, I'm the only person who knew you had arms" Ben joked to me. "Like I need another reason to be made fun of" I replied saltily. After a long bus ride and Ben rambling about some game he found, we made it to school. "-and that's why you need to come over! It's the best game, and tomorrow is the first day of summer!" He finished. "I'll have to ask my mom, she said she had a surprise for me" I said. Ben was about to reply, but my head was slammed into a locker. "Looks like Crying Cade is getting off the hook" Jake, one of the jocks snickered. "Careful, don't make the little baby cry" Alec sneered, sending a cold chill down my spine. "What is going on here?" A stern voice interrupted. The two jock looked over at the vice principal who was watching us like a hawk. Had she seen the whole thing? I was embarrassed and quickly walked to my locker, Mrs. Carrie still eyeing the football players. At least all of them weren't dicks. The star player didn't harass anyone for no reason. I had no clue who he was, as no one but Ben and my bullies talked to me.

(Time skip sponsored by 3 am, the most popular time to read Wattpad stories.)

I breathed a sigh of relief as we stepped off the bus. Ben decided to walk with me, so we can ask my mom about the surprise. Now that the bus had driven away, I retied my jacket around my waist. "How's it feel being the one person in school to wear a hoodie every day?" Ben asked slyly. "Oh quiet!" I laughed back. As we walked in the door, I found out my mom had been waiting for me to return. "Ah, you're home! Hello Ben!" She greeted us with a smile. "You seem excited" I said, still smiling. She smiled back and handed me a list. I curiously read it, then look up at my mom confused. "What's this list for?" I asked fearing the answer. "You're going to a summer camp this year!" She shouted, excited.

/ Hey, it's the author! This is my first story, and I'm pretty excited about it. As you can tell, Cade is going to a summer camp! Right now you probably have a lot of questions, as you should. I will go over everything, don't worry. :) /
~Fuckmylif- ahaha I mean ✰SageScribbles♡︎