Alex Does a Cannonball

11:57 A.M. – Malibu University

On another regular day at Mali-U, Mat was outside of one of the buildings waiting for one of Sam's physics classes to end. He currently sported slacks and a 2000-throwback Motocross shirt that was green and blue, and read "Dowd 16" on the back, which signified 1998 125 West Supercross champ, John Dowd. It wasn't another 20 more minutes until Sam finally came out of the entrance, much to Mat's delight.

"Hi," Mat greeted as he eyed Sam in her blue tanktop with a slight peek of her midriff and brown slacks.

"Hello, honey-bunches," Sam smiled as the two exchanged a hug and a kiss.

"Done for today?" Mat asked as the two started to go back to their penthouse.

"Mm-hmm," Sam answered. "How about you?"

"Yep," Mat replied. "Sign language ended a little early."

Sam freed her right hand of her essentials and grabbed Mat's hand. Mat saw this and returned Sam's gesture up until they checked the mail and reached the penthouse. Britney and Nick were there already when Sam and Mat entered through the sliding doors.

12:04 P.M. – The Spies' Penthouse

"Hey, guys," Nick greeted.

"Hello," Britney greeted as well as she came back, having just made herself a sandwich.

"What's up, bro?" Mat greeted.

"I'm on break before my next class," Nick replied.

"I just got done myself," Britney added.

"Alex got a letter in the mail," Sam told the two of them.

"She did?" Nick asked. "I wonder from who?"

"I don't think it's from Carmen," Mat deduced.

As luck would have it, Alex had returned from her class.

"Hey, guys," Alex greeted.

"What's up, Alex," Mat greeted. "You got a letter."

"Where's Clover, by the way?" Sam wondered.

"Shift at the Mali-U Café," Alex answered.

Alex opened her letter up, and a smile formed on her face.

"What's it say, Alex?" Britney asked.

Alex looked through her letter carefully and then gave her answer.

"I've been selected to be on the Cannonball show!" Alex exclaimed.

"Cannonball show?" Sam wondered.

"I know that show," Mat proclaimed.

Nick perked up as well.

"That's the show where people compete for $10,000 through four water-based challenges," Mat explained. "I saw that show recently and it looks like fun!!"

"Totally, bro!" Nick exclaimed.

"Anything else to know, Alex?" Britney asked.

"From what I've heard, the challenges are a bit crazy in places, but probably nothing we haven't seen in our spy careers, huh?" Alex replied.

"Oh, you wanna see crazy, then I have a little something called 'Ninja Warrior' to show you guys sometime," Nick quipped. "That show is insane."

"Well, what do you all say?" Alex asked. "Should I take the shot?"

"I say go for it, Alex," Mat proclaimed.