bonus chapter

[sorry for any spelling errors.]
trigger warning
-blood
-possible cussing

au: hades/persephone au for johan x jace.

(i wrote this for someone on twitter and decided to post it here.)

johan seong.

the visual depiction of disfunction.

he just wanted to walk through the woods in peace, but the approaching rumble of horse hooves terrified him. as the everlasting thumping got closer, the more he pushed into the woods.

there haven't been trails in the forest for years. the humans no longer liked the wilderness, opting for their cities full of fumes and unneeded modern technology. when they moved on, the beaten trails vanished, nature laying claim to what was theirs since the beginning of time itself. now it seemed that someone had a death wish. nature doesn't like when you disrupt its peace, and the dark carriage that carefully made its way down what used to be a dirt road definitely didn't sit well.

johan couldn't see the carriage yet, but it felt as if it followed him. the farther he went, the thicker the brush. the amount of thorns and scratches he had accumulated is more than enough to seriously injure a mortal, but the fear numbed every one of his limbs. it was either the fear, or maybe the contant run he had kept up for about ten minutes. his body wouldn't allow him to stop at this point. every nerve was triggering his fight or flight sense, and he wouldn't stop until the hooves stopped pounding against his eardrum.

the sound was mind buzzing. almost like something sent a non-stop, high pitch ring through your ears, that your brain can only register as pounding vibrations. the brunette couldn't handle the headache inducing sounds anymore, and resorted to crying and scratching at his ears.

when he realized the hooves halted as he did, everything came to him in a flash. his adrenaline faded, leaving his body sore and ears bleeding from the newly formed cuts on his ears. trying to use any type of magic would be pointless. his exhausted barely allowed him to stand anymore. he collapsed to a tree and pulled his knees to his chest, trying to put a stop to the heaving of his chest.

his lungs couldn't collect air, no matter how hard he tried. the lack of oxygen made his vision blurry and his brain fuzzy.

the last the thing he saw was the wobbled outline of a curious crow, who cawed and turned.

zeus is never one to ask help from. jace just needed a small favor, but the king of gods couldn't settle for simple. johan was barely breathing when the king of the dead finally got to him.

zeus had almost gone overboard, which would have definitely sparked the anger of the undead king himself if he had that kind of attitude. jace just pushed it to the back burner, but he did intend on speaking to his brother about the issue. his current problem would be the love of his life, who doesn't even know he exists, being unconscious and half dead. he was fully aware that johan lead a closed off life. it wasn't by choice, demeter sheltered johan from everything. the only times jace every got to see the brunette being the times he snuck out to the forest to calm down form a screaming match with his mother.

now have was handed the task of somehow convincing johan he was safe here.

it took very little convincing. johan waltz around the victorian castle like he'd lived here his entire life. something about not being locked in a constantly sunny bird cage made him immediately comfortable in the gloomy goth home of "hades".

johan had waltzed his way right to a garden filled with fruits and vegetables fit to grow in the hazy underworld.

the most elegant and noteworthy plant being a huge pomegranate tree in the dead center of the room. it's highest branches touched the glass of the domed roof above, and the lowest reached right at his head. he marveled at the impressive plant, before a unneeded thought prodded its way in. eat one.

he didn't really want to, but his own brain willed his arm to extend and jerk a low hanging fruit from its branch. every nerve in his body screamed danger, but continued the process of opening the pomegranate.

when he at it his mind snapped back into the right place. every movement he made just then felt weird. like trying to fight a force that inhabits your own mind.

the one thing he remembered his mom teaching him was to never accept, and eat, food from a stranger. when you do you're automatically a guest, and must stay and follow the rules of the home owner.

honestly, that did seem that bad.

[i'm going to stop here so i can sleep. goodnight!]