Prologue- Tahlia's POV

I hear my sister's laugh echo through my car radio and I join in, she had called me little over an hour ago and I had put her on Bluetooth so her voice was booming throughout my car as I drove towards our Aunts place. Madison didn't understand why I had decided to go alone since we did everything together but she respected that I didn't wish for her to come and so she didn't... Instead she called me as I make the long drive.

I wasn't complaining. Madison had always been the funnier twin so almost the entire drive I had spent cracking up while desperately trying to drive the car without crashing which was proving harder then it should be.

"I love you," Madison said suddenly as we ebbed into a comfortable silence. I chuckled at how random she was but decided to play along with her.

"I love you too Mouse." She made a small sound which might have been quiet laughter at her old nickname but she didn't say anything.

After a few minutes of the almost awkward silence I saw the lights of a town in the distance. "Hey I think I see it!" I informed Madison who scoffed and mumbled something about it probably being the lights of Africa or something since my navigation sucked. I mean... She wasn't wrong...

I laughed at her joke before seeing the car that seems to have tailed me all the way from home finally turn off onto a street. Weird. But I wasn't a paranoid person so instead I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind.

"Alright, I'm going to let you go. I'll talk to you tomorrow ok?" I told her hesitantly. "Oh yeah that's fine." Her voice was beginning to get crackly through the speakers and I took that as my sign to say goodbye. "Goodbye, I love you Mouse!" I told her and she giggled before blowing me a kiss through the phone. "Ciao!"

It only took half a second. I glanced down at my phone to press the hangup button but the moment I looked away I felt something was wrong. Instantly I looked up and saw the car that had tailed me earlier had somehow gotten in front of me and was now headed straight for my car. I swerved but it only made it easier for the other car to ram into the side of me.

I looked into the car to try to see who was about to take my life and I saw a familiar face in the window. No. No no no. That can't be right! My entire body froze up but my mind was going a million miles an hour with thoughts ranging from, "I'm about to die", to "I will never eat another slice of cake if I don't get out of here alive."

By the time I had managed to stop panicking and drive the damn car it was too late. The car hit mine and the force made my entire body snap back so far into the seat I could have sworn we were one object. After a moment it finally loosened and I felt the searing pain as glass pierced my skin and my neck snapped from side to side. The car rolled once more before coming to a stop on its side. I was about to get out of the car but I couldn't move, I couldn't see, I couldn't breathe.

Everything was blank and something deep inside me told me I was either going to die or become worse than that. A vegetable. So with thoughts of my twin and parents playing in my mind I took a deep breath in, counted to 10, and I felt myself become lighter and lighter as I gently slipped away to where there was no more pain.

And the last thing on my mind was, "why would you?"

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/N: I don't like it. But I've never been in a car crash before so... Enjoy?

Love y'all,
Katnip 💖