The Failed Attempt

Korril's POV

As I entered Hexside, I mustered all my courage and decided to ask out the girl of my dreams. My name is Korril, I'm a student of Hexside Spells and Demonics, I'm a member of the Bard Coven, and I'm also a protege. I wore my Hexside school uniform, with sleeves and pants indicating as a member of the music group known as the Bard.

.....

I walked at the school halls feeling confident and brave, my black hair combed, I removed the piercings from my pointy ears, my brown pupils constricted from anxiety and stress, but I held my ground and remain confident.

I waited after 4th period until I confessed, I searched the school for Emira until I finally spotted her.

"OK, What could go wrong?" I muttered under my mask, which was made of witches wool in case anyone from the Illusionist Coven tries anything funny, you swear, this guys are annoying, but Emira was from the Illusions Coven, so you made her an exception, especially her twin brother, Edric.

I walked up to her, as you remembered, I didn't want to remember that moment, probably your biggest mistake, you kept your jealousy close 'cause it's all mine, and if it makes you happy then, I'm not the only one lying. Embarrassed by the outcome and laughed at by students at Hexside, especially some of your fellow Bard Coven.

My friends witnessed your failed attempt at asking your long time crush and tried to comfort you. Love never wanted me, but I took it anyway. As Emira turned your confusion down and put a hole in your heart, before she humiliated you in front of the students of Hexside.

After that sad excuse of a confession, Emira stormed off the school, probably to skip classes again with Edric, she never looked back, but you can see evidence of a look of pity and sympathy on Edric's face, he glimpse of remorse, meanwhile, Emira, just left you on the ground.

I picked up your feet and decided to go in the woods of Bones Burrow, your friends pleaded and insisted to help you but you refused their kind offer and just said "Thank you, but I'll keep this one to myself."

I turned around only to be greeted by Amity, Edric and Emira's younger sibling.

Amity: "Wow, I'm surprised that's all she did to you."

She said in an impassive tone while looking at her twin siblings leave the halls, probably to skip classes.

I didn't respond to Amity, and instead, left the school corridor and went to get lunch, alone. You exited behind the school entrance and decided to eat lunch in the woods.

Full of emotions and bitter regret, I decided not to eat and threw the lunch my mother packed me in the boiling sea.

I sat on one of the trees and thought about what just happened, you couldn't help but cry and weep, I held the tears back so hard and desperately, but failed.

As tears trailed though my eyes to my cheeks, I clenched my fist, stood up from my spot and punched the tree with all my force. My knuckles now bloody and bruised, I ignored the pain and sighed deeply.

I usually practice my abilities and magic powers in the woods of the boiling isles, after school hours, to harness my magical abilities and become stronger, and despite being a student of one of the main 9 covens, I joined in the arts of wild magic. The Emperor of the Boiling Isles, Emperor Belos, forbid witches from practicing and using the arts wild magic and even imprison witches that refuse to follow his laws, because he claimed that the Titan hated it and that witches were using magic all wrong, and that he was the only one that can communicate with the Titan.

Yeah, I didn't usually believed everything he said, nor his lackeys from the Emperor's Coven, heck, you never want anything from the Emperor's Coven. What inspired me from this Rebellious behavior was non other than, Edalyn Clawthorne, or Eda The Owl Lady, your idol inspiration that makes me want to break the cycle of decades of brainwashing the Emperor has done.

Practicing the arts of Wild magic or those from other Covens, rather than just your own, was risky, but you managed to keep it a secret, but enough about that and back to the original idea.

I turned around and cast a circular cast, I aimed at the trees, and unleashed a fire spell that instantly obliterated a row of trees. I couldn't do this, I never thought my powers would improve, but it seems it has. It seems that anger fueled my abilities and made me powerful, I can even feel that my powers were growing.

I cast another circle cast and summoned a fire pit, a circle power appeared in the ground where I wanted to cast my spell and raised a fire pillar that could burn the forest. I feel myself becoming stronger, and who would've thought that a student from the Bard Track could become this powerful? They clearly doubted a musicians abilities.

I cast another circle of power and next things I knew ended up burning half the forest, tears rolled down my face as my eyes were burning with rage and my soul engulfed with sadness, I didn't even noticed what I had done to the forest until it was too late.

I snapped out of my state of emotions and looked around me, the forest was on fire. "What do I do? You really done it this time, Korril." I panicked and decided to leave the scene.

I ran out the forest and sneaked back to school grounds, it's only been 30 minutes and who knows how big the fire, I created, grew? I looked begging me and saw that the fire was growing bigger, students began piling up as they noticed the fire that was growing in the woods. I stayed calm and not cause suspicions. Principal Bump noticed the "natural disaster" and alerted the students to stay calm while proper authorities handled the disaster.

. . . . . .

Another 30 minutes have past and the fire grew and spread further, since Hexside is surrounded by trees, the fire now encircled the school and you didn't even do anything to fix your mistakes. Luckily, after about 15 minutes, the fire department was able to stop the wild fire from further spreading, and the Principal decided to cancel school for today and announced the students go back to their homes.

I packed my bag while ignoring the people that tried to help me and rushed home, thinking about the Rejection and the Disaster you just caused, but the wildfire was the least of your problems, even if it neatly burned down the school and can harm or kill people. The rejection was the main reason why you're now this.

I hurried back home riding my bike while bumping into some pedestrians, but you just ignored everything around you, it's the Boiling Isles, nothing even matters, nothing ever mattered to me. I arrived to my house safely and told my parents about the wild fire that nearly destroyed the school, but I never told them I was responsible for the disaster.

I ran off to my room, my eyes red and my hands bruised, my parents noticedmy condition and strange behavior and they wanted to help me, but as I entered my room, I shut the door behind them and locked it.

"I need some time alone, so please, just leave me alone for now" I said to my parents behind the door. I sat on the door thinking about the painful rejection, and my new found abilities, but mostly the rejection. What happens next is a following turn of events that will change me, either for better or worst.