chapter 1

i've been friends with elliot for as long as i can remember. and for as long as i can remember, i've had the BIGGEST crush on him. even when i was little, i could tell he was cute, with his big green eyes and freckles. now he is cuter than ever. he has dark chestnut hair that falls in waves just above his shoulders and over his green eyes. he has tons of freckles and deep dimples. he's 6'2" and skinny, but somewhat muscular, since he's on the swim team.
     he knows me better than anyone else in the world, which is why he can tell that i'm upset today. i got a 52 on a math quiz and i'm freaking out. he walks to my house with me and i try not to cry in front of him. i can't use the "my parents don't want you coming" excuse, because neither of them are home.
     we walk inside and i flop onto the couch with my head in my hands.
     "want to watch impractical jokers?" he asks quietly, knowing that's one of my favorite shows. 99% of the time, i would have said yes, but today i just am not feeling it. elliot isn't going to give up. "we could play a board game?" he asks with a small smile. it's sweet that he's trying to help, but i have dug myself into such a bad mood, there's nothing he can do to help.
     "that's okay elliot," i sigh. "it's all good, i'm just feeling shitty. you can go home, i'll call you tomorrow." he looks upset, desperately trying to think of how he could cheer me up. i bring my arms up, leaning my head back on my hands, looking at the ceiling. i didn't notice, but he was looking at my sides and armpits with a small smile creeping onto his face.
     "rose... i know how i can cheer you up." i look at him, confused. what else could he have thought of?
     he gently brought his pointer finger to my somewhat exposed side and dragged it down slowly. i squealed.
     "elliot, stop! that tickles!!!" i say through shaky breaths. he chuckled lightly and looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
     "this is going to be fun."