Prologue

I opened my closet and realised that I did have too many clothes. 

I wanted to take out my suitcase and decided against it. 

It was already a bad idea to be getting out of my apartment with Coronavirus lurking around and the lockdown in place. If I went with so many things, I may not be allowed to leave since the soldiers would think I'm escaping to spread the virus to other parts of the country.

I don't know why but for some strange reason was missing my mom and worried about my younger brother, Andy.

I had not seen them since I graduated three years ago and the last time heard from my mom was when she wished me Happy New Year on the first of January which I did not even reply to. 

I had expected her to wish me Happy Independence Day in March but for the first time, she didn't.

I wanted to wish her but I couldn't bring myself to do so.

I have been feeling guilty about my attitude towards her but you couldn't blame me, she kind of started it. 

I closed my closet and took out my laptop bag from its hiding place.

I won't take any clothes. 

I'm sure my old clothes were still in my room at home and I hadn't put on much weight so they would still look good on me. I was placing my tablet and purse in my handbag when my phone vibrated with a message. 

It was from Karen, the proud class captain of grade 4B.

'Happy Birthday and Mother's Day in advance

'Happy Birthday and Mother's Day in advance. Remember you said you would name your first girl after me so I'm reminding you. And I have missed you a lot.'

I smiled as I texted her a reply.

'Thanks love. I've missed you more and don't worry. Your goddaughter will come soon. Wish your mom a Happy Mother's day for me.'

I finished packing and took both of my bags and gave my apartment one last glance before leaving through the door.