"You're Cinder?!"

CEO of New Beijing Corporations, Kaito, slumped down in his chair; contemplating the offer from rival company, Lunar Corporations.  Ever since his father died and left the company to him, the company had been in turmoil.  The sales and money plummeted, leaving possibly thousands of people soon to be unemployed.  It seemed the only way to save the company was to take the deal extended by the Lunar Corp. CEO, Levana.  Kai grimaced as he thought of Levana.  She was a ruthless, conniving woman, full of botox to make her look beautiful despite her haggard features for her young age.   Levana wanted to buy out New Beijing Corp. and merge it with her company, much to Kai’s dismay.  She had been advancing this deal toward his father for the longest time, but his father was always able to hold the annoying woman at bay.  But Kai wasn’t like his father, and sadly, Kai felt like he could never live up to his father’s glory.  He ran his hand through his hair in frustration, groaning at his predicament.  Suddenly, he stopped and froze in his chair.  The lightbulb in his mind went off.  He lept out of his chair and grabbed his father’s old laptop off the shelf.  He quickly booted it up, remembering his father’s words.

“If the company ever gets into turmoil, remember to open file FREE for help.”

Kai’s finger flew across the keyboard, searching for the file.  He bit his lip as he scrolled through endless amounts of files until his eyes rested on the one named FREE.  Kai grinned and he moved the mouse to click to open the file… and his computer fizzed across the screen and turned black.

“What?” He said out loud as he pressed the power button again.  Nothing.  He banged against the keyboard.  Nothing.

“No, no, no, no, NO!” Kai cried out grabbing his hair.  “How could it have crashed?”   He growled and leaned back in his chair, covering his eyes with his hands.  

“I need to get this fixed, and fast.”

He reached over for his phone and dialed for his assistant, Konn Torin.  

“Hello?” Torin answered, voice seemingly rushed.

“Hello Torin, its Kai.  I need you to bring an item to the mechanic.  It is very important and I am sure he can fix it.” Kai explained, wiping some dust off the laptop with his index finger.

“Sorry boss,” Torin replied back. “But you are going ot have to take it to the mechanic yourself.  I am about to go into a big meeting with the Lunar Corp. and this meeting is very important since I have a feeling that we are going to be working real close with these guys.”  

Kai sighed and grabbed his laptop in his arm.

“Alright, just tell me what floor he is on.  I don’t know what he looks like, but I think I can manage.”

“Basement.  Have fun, boss.” Torin said.

“Oh I will, dealing with a probably greasy, smelly fat guy sounds wonderful.” Kai told him and hung up the phone.  Torin smirked on the other side of the phone, CEO Kai would have a huge surprise waiting for him in the basement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Alright, Iko, please move that part on the other side of the table.  It is really annoying me.” The mechanic of New Beijing Corp, Cinder Linh, told her robotic helper.

“Sure thing, Cinder!” Iko beeped back and grabbed the spare part off the table and moved it.  As she did this, she asked Cinder  “Did you hear that CEO Kai is probably going to have to sell this company to yucky Levana?”

Cinder shook her head, she still had a hard time believing that her counterpart was so human like.

“Yeah I heard, I just hope the CEO is smart and keeps the company, no matter what that little beast can offer him.”