Letting go of Ego

This story starts after Preeta enters Luthra house with the help of NGO workers and police. Her grahpravesh is done and all have retired to respective rooms.

This is simply my imagination if they try to talk little rationally. But the show has forgotten about rationality way before. So this creation is out of frustration and eagerness to see their romance, Actual Romance.
_____________________________________________

Preeta was sitting in front of Mahesh Luthra.

“Mahesh uncle you wanted to bring me back to Luthra house right? I’m here today and you know what I’m married to Karan. I know you must be wondering how did this happen, but that’s not important. Now onwards, I’ll call you Papa. You are like my papa who never left me alone and stood by me when even Karan left me. I know I shouldn’t have brought those NGO workers with me but I had no other option, I thought if I marry Karan I’ll be able to live here but Kareena Bua threw me out of my own home. I have to protect you and Karan from Mahira and Sherlyn and for that I need to be here, I need to live with Karan so that I can remove this misunderstanding he has. You know that I never harmed you, I wouldn’t even dream of hurting you in anyway. I know it’s deed of Mahira and Sherlyn and you don’t have to worry. Now I have come here so be ready to get up soon so that we can take Karan’s class together. He doesn’t know he is being used as a pawn by Mahira and Sherlyn. I’ll fix everything and will make you proud papa. Please bless me.” She was holding Mahesh's palm and sobbing.

Unknown to Preeta, Karan was standing outside and listening to everything Preeta was saying.

He was confused what to believe. Preeta was talking to his dad as if he means the world to her. No one was watching her she didn’t have to pretend but her tears, the yearning in her voice was like she wants dad to get up immediately. Why does she think Mahira wants to harm dad and me, she is my childhood friend and I know her.

But do I really know her!! She has been spending a lot of time with Sherlyn. None of my siblings like Sherlyn and she has become best friend of Mahira. What if whatever Preeta said just now is true! Thinking about this Karan reached the stairs and stood their engrossed in his thoughts.

Preeta went to Karan’s room and called her mom. Sarla taught Preeta about importance of today’s night, responsibilities of a daughter-in-law and wife and asked her not to fight with Karan and try to make him believe her.

She wanted to drink water but there wasn’t any. She went towards kitchen to drink water and get some for night time.

Karan was standing near the stairs and lost in his own world. She was looking at him and moving forward. She didn’t know when she reached the stairs and was about to fall. But Karan instinctively held her wrist and was fighting with his heart . He was not able to decide does he want to see her in pain or he wants to keep her safe.

She watched him swallow, watched as his jaw clenched, and felt his grip loosen. Her wrist slipped through his fingers. She closed her eyes, praying that it wouldn't hurt. And then his fingers tightened as he yanked her to safety, enfolding her against his body. She held his t-shirt, breathing erratically, as his hand found her waist.

Preeta pulled away slowly, reluctantly, her fingers loathe to leave him. His hand tightened at her waist, holding her in place.

"Preeta."

She trembled with the weight of conflicting desires. She wanted him close. She wanted him gone. She wanted to hold him forever, somehow absorb him into her being. But then she also wanted to run to the other side of the world, where he couldn't hurt her anymore.

He leaned in, close, then closer, then closer still. Her body adjusted, shifting with him until they were pressed together. She sobbed, the small sound carrying with it all her anguish, and all her relief.