Chapter 1: The Starting Of A New

It was a bright and sunny day in the green land filled with beautiful patterns along the grass as it always was, a small blue hedgehog known as Sonic raced around the small island. The blue blur of happiness rolled into the wooden home and bumped into his friend, LongClaw. He uncurled from the ball position and looked up at her with an innocent childish smile.

The owl replied to his random visit, "Sonic! Somebody could've seen you!" She scolded softly.

"No they can't, I'm too fast!" He claimed while running in place, he stopped.

"And, I wanted to bring you this" He gave his owl friend a sunflower. She took it and smiled gently, appreciating the small gift the hedgehog gave her. She heard something..Dangerous. Arrows struck through the windows, she tackled Sonic and got the rings out. "Hang On!She threw one and ran into the portal while carrying Sonic, the portal closed behind the two. The owl put Sonic down.

"Sorry for getting us in trouble, Longclaw.." The little hedgehog said with guilt in his tone.

"Oh Sonic..its okay, it was bound to happen soon. Now lets start getting ready for the night" She looked for food.

The Blue Blur looked around and found a red ball, he stared at it, not noticing his friend owl shouting his name from afar.

"SONIC!! WATCH OUT!" LongClaw tried to fight off a furry creature that had very sharp teeth, she looked at Sonic, "RUN!The little hedgehog noticed finally and looked at LongClaw, 

"LongClaw!" He raced towards her but she kicked him away sending him rolling down a hill and into a cave.

He got up and crawled out of the cave, "LONGCLAW?! L-LongClaw?!" He teared up, feeling lost, afraid, cold, and sad. LongClaw was like a mom to the Blue Blur. He shouted her name brokenly, desperately just wanting to see her again, he started running around trying to find her. He couldn't find her..This was his fault.

The little hedgehog crawled back into the cave as it got dark, he layed down on the floor and rolled himself into a ball, he looked at the red ball he still had. "I-I'm sorry..." He eventually fell asleep, first hearing a echo of LongClaws voice: 'SONIC!! WATCH OUT!'

(Welp! Thats all for this chapter, words in total: 380)