:>

(Luz POV)

As the bright fall sun shone onto Luz's face, and the cool breeze filtered through the window, Luz rolled around on her sleeping bag. She slowly opened her eyes, not wanting to get up.

"Ugh..." She mumbled.

She rose from her sleeping bag and pulled on some slippers that were lying on the floor beside her. She got on her knees and pushed herself up to a standing position. Then she got dressed and made her way downstairs.

She looked around. "Eda?" She whispered cautiously, almost trying to be so quiet, no one would hear. "King?" She whispered again.

She grumbled again. Where could they be? She thought to herself as she trudged over to the kitchen.

Bright morning light was shining through the kitchen windows, illuminating the kitchen with a beautiful orange glow.

Luz opened a cabinet, hearing its soft creak. She found some bread and a strange, unidentifiable meat. She shrugged and took them both out.

She set them down on the counter and hastily made a sandwich. It looked very haphazardly put together, but it would do just fine.

She took a bite out of the sandwich. Eww...why does this meat taste so... weird?? And it smells rotten too...
She put down the sandwich. Not worth eating if it tastes like garbage...guess I'm not having breakfast today.

~~~timeskip~~~

(Amity POV)

Luz was running towards the school doors. She was almost late because she woke up only an hour before school was supposed to start.

Amity was standing near the door. She promised yesterday that she'd wait for Luz, but she was beginning to get impatient.

"Where is she?! I'm gonna be late..." She said to herself.

Suddenly, Amity could see Luz running frantically over to the door. Amity waved her hands to let Luz know she was there.

"Hey Luz! I-"

BONK!

Luz collided with Amity and the two fell to the ground.

"...ouch." Amity said, rubbing her head.

"Oh my gosh! Amity I'm so sorry-"

"No no! It's ok! You don't need to apologize."

"But I hurt you!"

"It's fine Luz. Really, I'm fine."

"...if you say so..."

Amity sighed. "Now that...that's over with...can we get inside now? We're gonna be late-"

"Oh! Right. Sorry." Luz got up. She reached her hand out to help Amity up. "Need a hand?"

Amity's cheeks got a tiny bit red. Holding Luz's hand? No, I can't do that it would be...intrusive! I don't wanna bother her...but...no! I can't handle this-

"...sure..." Amity slowly took Luz's hand.

Luz pulled Amity up. "And up you go!" She smiled her silly grin.

Amity blushed a little more. She has such a cute smile...uh...nevermind.

As Amity followed Luz through the towering doors of Hexside, she had one thought on her mind.

Yeah. Today is gonna be a good day.