10. Jake & Mare

You lay here with me,
you're shutting down
I smell her on you, I'm focused now
I know what's going on
in your head, yeah
I know what's happened here
in our bed, yeah
Your phone is buzzing, so pick it up
I know she calling, so what the fuck
I should've known a cheat
stays a cheater
So here we are....

I woke up on my bed with a massive headache. Why is my head hurting so much? I sat up and immediately laid down due to pain. Just as I was about to go back to sleep my door bursts open and my mother rushed to me with tears, "Sweetie, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, Mom. Just suffering from a headache, " I replied. Mom immediately became tensed.

"Mom is so sorry, sweetie. It's all Mom's fault. Mom will never leave you alone again. Please forgive me, " My mom said apologetically.

"Mom, stop! It's not your fault. I shouldn't have gone in front of Dad, " I replied sarcastically.

"Sweetie, don't blame your Dad. It's not his fault. He's just pressured these days, " My mom mumbled. So pressured that he started hitting his own daughter with vases? I scoffed.

"Where's Dad?" I asked finally ignoring the headache.

"He has gone out. He had already brought a doctor and is sorry for behaving like that. Don't blame him, okay?" Mom persuaded.

"Okay, Mom, " I nodded in sarcasm. Dad is sorry, huh! What a joke! No matter what happens my mother will always support my Dad. I thought of letting this matter go. It isn't the first time he hit me.

My mom kissed my head and asserted, "I knew you're a good child, Mary. I am so proud of you."

I smiled back at her and laid down. A lot of memories flashed into my mind. My Dad used to love me a lot. I was the apple of his eyes. Till five my father used to bring me with him every day to his work so that he could see me. He always used to fulfill my every wish, just like a magician. But I don't know what went wrong.

Everything changed when I was twelve. One day Dad came home drunkenly, he never touched alcohol before. But that day he was just so angry. He fought with my mom. Their shouts are so loud that I was scared. A huge thing happened that day. My mind shakes with fear when I remember that day. That was the day when I got my first breakup. My Dad was the one who broke my heart that day. After that day My Dad started to detest me more. Rebuking at me, hitting me. My Mom couldn't even say anything to him. She always felt guilty and stay silent. Ray used to save me from Dad. Now he's not here anymore. Who'll save me now?

My head started to pain again. It was so intense that I thought I would die. I can not stay like this anymore. I need to get out of here to have some fresh breath. I got up with the intense pain, walked through the closest picked up a random hoodie. I got freshen up.

A huge wound is formed on my forehead. The vase was made of wood, so it hurt pretty bad. I did some makeup to conceal the scars. I looked at my perfectly hidden face. I sighed. So much powder, eye shadows. I'm looking like a porcelain doll but broken. I quickly sneaked out of the house. A quick walk will help me freshen my mind.

I started walking through the roads. I love walking. It makes me feel a lot of things. I can forget a lot of things. When I was small I always dreamt of myself as a princess of a huge castle where I'm locked. I really wanna leave and feel things. I'm a little bit strange, right? I know that. I love daydreaming. I feel like I can be anything when I dream like that. I was imagining a scene of the prince and the fight between the monsters for me. And my prince would have won until I bumped into someone.