One

I can't say that my life has been perfect. I can't say that there were no times when I wanted to quit. But I also can't say that there weren't good times and laughter.

I suppose the laughter disappeared for a few years. I didn't smile much, much less laugh. Jokes were futile, as was joy.

Of course, that soon changed when I met someone. Someone who changed my life for the better. You could say it was a little cliché, but I call it picture perfect. Well, almost.

***

I drove slowly to work, careful to take my time. It was no use getting there early. But being late wasn't an option.

I turned the radio on, but soon shut it off with a scowl. All these love songs everyone sings. As if true love existed. And if it did, it must have been very, very rare.

Eventually, I drove into the mall parking lot, before parking my car and heading inside.

The building was small, almost like a strip mall, with a small eating area in the middle. The metal, cafe chairs were empty as usual, bringing an erie silence to the place.

I walked up to the small shoe store, before sighing and swinging the glass door open, the broken bell above remaining silent.

"Hey, Keria," I greeted the woman at the empty counter.

"Hey! I didn't even hear you walk in. We really should get that bell fixed," she replied, frowning upon the broken object. Her dark hair was frizzy and short, matching her loud personality.

"Any customers yet?" I asked, setting my purse down beside her.

"What'd ya think? With this cold weather, ain't no one gonna be going to an outdoor strip mall."

I nodded before grabbing my name tag from under the counter, and pinning it on.

"Could you help me in the back?" Keria asked, waving to the back door, "We got a new shipment of boots this morning."

"Sure," I replied, before following her to the back.

I must say, the stack of boxes that appeared before me, did cause my mouth to slightly open. Slightly.

"How big was the order?" I asked, staring at the huge pile.

Keria sighed before replying, "I know. If our boss keeps ordering so much, we gonna go out of business. Ain't no one coming in here."

"Well, we can't have that."

____

Hey! Sorry this is shorter, but it's kinda like an intro.

So, this is just an idea that I'm trying out. There weren't many fanfics for Dylan O'Brian that I liked, so I decided to write my own.

And don't worry, this isn't a teen wolf or maze runner fanfic. Just the amazing Dylan.

Please vote and comment what you think! Thank you and enjoy! 😘