Swift Novelty

"It's not you, it's me..." he explained, "...I think I need to do some more soul searching."
"Okay." she replied.
"That's it?"
"What else do you want me to say? Do you want me to be for you?"
"I– goodbye, Sarah."
He walks away.

She left the café as soon as she finished her toast, she walked out the door fast than the outside air could go in.
The city is busy as usual; cyclists cycling, commuters yawning, and old ladies crossing the street.

Run.

People come and go, what are we suppose to do if they leave?
No one actually knows, huh?

"Excuse me, do happen to have any spare change?" The old man asked.
"I don't, but I have left over take-aways?" She replied.
"That would be more than enough, young lady. Thank you."
She handed her lunch to the old man, he thanked her by holding both of her hands while kneeling.

He went back to his little corner in a sketchy alleyway, now sharing the food with his dog.
He glanced at her and gave a little smile.

Hide.

Do you see yourself with someone in the next ten or so years?
How many souls will you scar before settling?
How deep do your wounds have to be before you stop?
Will you ever stop?

"Home so soon?" Her neighbors asked.
"I just had to deal with some personal affairs." She replied.
"You got dumped, huh?" The neighborhood said.
She paused, and she took a deep breath.
"Good morning, Poppy." She said.
"I know that look, Sarah. Good morning." She smirked.

Sarah went inside her unit, dropping her keys and tossing her boat shoes aside.

Keep quiet.

"Hey, how have you been?" She asked while taking her scarf off.
"Yeah, I've been a bit busy lately, I'm sorry..." she takes her earrings off, "...work's fine, I still go to the gym, and I haven't cheated on my diet... yet."
She walked inside her bathroom, glacing at the mirror before staring at herself.

Teary eyed, red nose, shakey breath, on the brink of falling to the ground.
"I haven't been nice to you, huh?" She uttered, "I Haven't been nice to anyone."
She washed her face and wiped it with a clean towel.
"I don't know, no one taught me how to deal with this. All everyone's told me is that my happiness comes first."

She walked out of the bathroom, closed her window blinds, and played a slow ballad?
"Trust me, I try, but I can't seem to find what makes me happy..." She hugs herself, "...and I end up hurting everyone who tries to make me happy."
She closes her eyes.
"I've been hurt before too, but I tell myself I deserved it. Don't I deserve it? I leave people when they get boring." She chuckles.

Slowly, she falls to the ground with her arms still warpped around her self.
"Is that bad?" She sniffles, "It is. But why do people do it then?"

She falls to the ground, balled up, sobbing.
"Why am I not happy?" She cried.

How do I end this?

Still sobbing, someone knocks on the door.
"Sarah? It's me, Poppy." She said, "I'm coming in..."

She walks inside the room and sees sarah lying on the ground.
"Sarah..." She uttered, "...what happened this time?"
"I don't know."

I don't know.