- [♡] ; i.

It's all lies, darling

//

Anytime y/n was asked to do something, she'd be right there. So why was no one helping her now? How come she'd have to take the Hunter exam, for something someone she knew could help her with? How come not even her closest friends would aid her search?

Everyone was on their own, left to their own devices. Y/n l/n was no exception.

She looked down to her shoes as they travelled across the Yorknew City roads.

How long has it been, since she's seen this old friend of hers?

Too long.

She had grown significantly, and her hair had been styled new. She wondered if he would be surprised she changed.

He only came around every 2 or 3 years. So why did she always expect him to be there?

Her jumbled thoughts ceased as she stumbled across the hall and in front of an apartment door.

"So, your looking for her, again? How many years has it been?"

Y/n fumbled with her sleeve, "I don't care how many years it been, I need answers."

He stared at her, as if he was trying to read her thoughts. "I still don't get why you still try. What if she's not even aliv-"

She frowned, looking him in his eyes. "You know how it feels, wanting to know something so bad? What are you searching for, every time you disappear for years? It's important to you. Aylo, she was important to me."

She looked down to her lap. "I'm leaving to take the hunter exam, soon. I want to find her, no, I needto find her."

He nodded his head. "I understand... Good luck, y/n."

A warm smile enveloped her face, "Thanks, Chrollo."

{3rd person}

Y/n sighed, glancing around the tunnel.

It wasn't too hard to get to the exam site, to be honest she thought it would be much more difficult.

It was smelly down there, though. And the people were quite odd.

Y/n scrunched her nose in thought. How long would this exam take? From what she'd heard, it'd take at least a week, if she was lucky.

She was so distracted by her thoughts she didn't notice the man approaching her until he cleared his throat. "Hi! This is your first time taking the exam, right?" he grinned, "I'm Tonpa! Nice to meet you."

Y/n fiddled with her sleeve as she glanced over his appearance. He looked like someone who would work at her local home improvement store.

"Uh- hey? How did you know I was new?"

The stubby man grinned wider. "This is my 35th attempt! I can recognize a newbie when I see one!" He sounded quite proud of himself. Y/n found it weird.

"Oh! That's.. nice."

"Anyways, would you like to give a toast?" He pulled two cans of orange juice out of his bag.

Y/n shook her head lightly. "I'm really sorry, sir. You have to understand, I don't accept drinks from strangers."

"Are you sure? C'mon, to friendship!" He began to get pushy, his smile grew more... strained.

"No thank you," she gave him a warm smile, "But thanks so much for the offer! I really appreciate it!"

She waved at him before walking off to the other side of the tunnel.

Y/n continued to pace around, her eyes travelling to the other applicants. They landed on a certain.. uhh purple? man.

"Is he.... purple? Like... Thanos?" She giggled to herself for a bit, until his head turned to her.

"..."

"..."

She looked down, to hide both her embarrassment and her laughter.

She approached him slowly, smiling sheepishly at him.

"Hey.. uhh I'm sorry if you- uh- heard what I said. I really didn't mean it you look.. nice?" It sounded more like a question than it did in her head...

"..."

"Uhmm.. okayyy then. Yea- uh- bye bye!" And she dashed off.

Unbeknownst to her, eyes trailed after her figure, curiosity and bloodlust behind them

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

(A/N) Hi! Did you like it?🌸 I've been writing this book for a while but I couldn't think of how to start it 😔✌️. Anyways, lemme know who you want to be a love interest. I was thinking definitely Kurapika, just cause he's best boy ✨.

​​​​​​​