"Scratching Dove" 💚Henrles story #1💙

(Hey lemons! New book starting! Henrles from HENRYSTICKMIN, I hope you guys like the new book and my old cat as a refrance crystal :D This is after the valiant hero ending btw, also depressive Henry D,:
P.S.S They look like what the cover Henry and Charles look like.)

                       /Henry\

'Tick'
'Tick'
'Tick'
'Tick'
Seconds, turning into minutes. Minutes turning into hours. Hours... turning into days, months... a year.
It's been one whole year since Charles died due to the explosion of the Topats base.
No longer than a year... feeling like eternity.
Everything would just make it worse, everything seemed like Charles, everything reminded me of him... it just made me feel so sick...
Even the sound of the clock ticking in my room.
Continuously ticking clock telling the time, time...
Time I could've spent with Charles... time we could've been going out running through fields like kids on a warm autumn day...
Rolling over every mission as easy as cake like tumbleweeds scampering across the desert sand.
But... I guess I'll be the only tumbleweed... the only tumbleweed across the sand...
Even then... I couldn't scamper for long, alone.
After 2 months of doing missions alone the government discovered how badly my mental health had depleted due to the death of my comrade.
My... crush, maybe... I'm not certain.
I've always came off bisexual and it didn't really bother me, everyone was accepting... though I had barely anyone to tell anyways.
When they found out about my mental health they gave me a sign off, the told me I needed to go see a therapist and regain my health and wits.

Now here I lay, 99% of my day, locked in my hand-me-down room, staring up at the ceiling, refusing to take the therapy classes, with slow tears eternally drizzling down my face.
Until a knock came to my door my response not even being a flinch.

"Henry. It's me the general, could you open the door? I have something to show you." He called out making my head flinch a bit.

The tiniest flame of hope sparked in me but it was instantly drowned out with all of the darkness and coldness that surrounded it.
I slowly crawled out of my black covered bed and trotted across the dimly lit room.
I unlocked the door as it creaked open.

"Yes general...?" I croaked out as I blinked slowly with dark circles covering my eyes.

The general examined me looking up and down with his hands behind his back like normal, though his face seemed to faze into a distraught.

"Henry you still look awful... how long has it been since you even went outside...?" He worried.

"I don't know... I can't go now it's like 8." I replied

He looked at me with a more worried look.

"Henry... it's 8 in the morning..." he corrected.

My mouth drooped even more as I looked down at the floor not surprised but feeling even sorry for myself.

"Oh..." I mumbled.

"Well what did you come here for...?"

"Well Henry, you have been refusing to take the therapy sessions we scheduled... so I decided to get you her." He answered.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Her...?" I asked again.

As soon as I spoke a small fully white cat walked from behind general as my eyes widened.
I slowly knelt down to her hight inching my hand towards her as to not fret the small, fuzzy, warm mammal that seemed like a angle in front of me. she was so bright.
I found out quickly she wasn't as skittish as aspected with her nuzzling into my hand.

"She's for you henry, it's your support animal. We thought it would at least help." The general explained.

"She does... thank you..." I rasped out as I picked her up.