[15] ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ! ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʀᴀᴘᴘᴇᴅ - ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2

"Happy Birthday, Y/n."

*****

"We're trapped."

Shit.

I bolted for the door and grabbed hold of the doorknob. I started jiggling it, in a desperate hope that it would miraculously fly open and we would be free.

Nothing.

I banged on the door, hoping that someone from the other side would be able to hear me.

Nothing.

I checked the time on my phone, only to realize that it was 9:30. Everyone would either be in class or out and about, and the library was closed, so not even Mrs. Menendez would be in here. I looked to see how many bars of signal the closet would allow.

None.

Of course.

I let my head hang low as I backed into the wall of the closet. I looked up at the dusty ceiling in utter hopelessness.

"Guess we're trapped in here for a while," I turned to look at the boy who I had just remembered was trapped in here with me, "At least until someone opens up the library again, which won't be till at least lunch."

"Nope, maybe later." I looked up at the boy who was practically dying with each word.

"Why?"

"Because it's Mrs. Menendez's daughter's birthday. She's having lunch with her off-campus." I slouched back in my spot on the dusty floor and let out a loud sigh.

Of course.

"Guess we better get used to each other," I started as the boy in the beanie slid down next to me. We started talking as a way to pass the time while brainstorming ideas on how to escape.

"Of course, this would happen today of all days," I mumbled as I let my head drop back and hit the wall behind me. I felt my eyes start to tear up but refused to let myself cry in front of a stranger. I closed my eyes as I tried to relax my breathing and stop the salty water from trying to escape.

"Damn, you always seem so much happier in your streams," My eyes shot open and I turned to face the boy beside me. My mouth fell open and couldn't find the words to form my first of many questions. He just laughed at me.

"I've seen a few of your streams on Twitch. You're funny; Definitely, way happier than you seem now," I scoffed but couldn't fight the small smirk that had formed on my face. I still could barely find the words to make a sentence, so I rolled my eyes as I bit my lip to stop from saying something too snarky.

"And you're a lot quieter than you are in yours so I guess we both made bad assumptions," He gave me a small laugh and we officially started to introduce our Twitch streamer personalities. He was Quackity, loud and energetic, definitely not as quiet as he appeared to be at first.

*****

"So, how has your day been today?"

"Hmm, I got stuck in a closet with a stranger and I'm starving... so actually pretty alright," Alex laughed at my description of my day and we continued on with the small talk. We continued to talk about the most random and basic of conversation topics, all while somehow dying of laughter the whole time, and the smile on my face wouldn't stop beaming.

Family, friends, school, birthdays, movies, interests-

"Wait wait wait... isn't today... your birthday! Today's your birthday!" I accidentally let the unnecessary fact slip and was now forced to deal with the repercussions. I nodded slowly and sucked the air through my teeth.