chapter one | blueberries

it was obvious, by anyone who saw you, that you were in desperate need of sleep. it was in the way you moved and how you always talked slowly in school, to the dark circles that were barely hidden under your blue light glasses you had to wear by staring at your computer for too long.

regardless of your body begging for rest, your mind kept running faster than a mile a minute. your written exams were coming up and you had been non-stop studying for the fear you would fail, or get kicked out of ua all together.

there was no need for worry in the physical exams, however, because you had gotten in on recommendation and were one of the top in your class. that was until recently...

due to all the nonstop and straining studying, you have felt weighed down during the physical training, meaning you had not been putting in your best effort. bakugou loved to brag about that because now it was 'so much easier to beat you'.

you promised yourself you'd get as much sleep as needed when the written exams ended, but until then, you would continue torturing yourself late at night. but no one needed to know that.

_________

the dorm room you now call home would have been suffocatingly painful to be in while you studied. you wouldn't dare make your sanctuary a mess of tears and tissues with your constant studying. so, you had sprawled your stuff all over the common rooms coffee table, your body spread across one of the couches placed around the square table.

you let out a heavy sigh before looking over to the half done notes page that you were desperate to complete so you could finally sleep. groaning while you sat up, your body slid off the couch so you could now be closer to the table and to not hunch over as much. crossing your legs underneath you, you pushed your glasses up and picked up your pencil once again.

as your eyes scanned the textbook before you, your hand absentmindedly wrote down helpful information as if you were some trained robot. usually this was the time you were in the zone; close to finishing and your completely focused on the topic at-

thump.

"what the..." you trailed off, your hand moving to the back of your head where something had just hit you. you were too tired to turn around, thinking it may have just been your imagination.

thump.

your eyes narrowed this time, sitting up straighter on the floor as you turned your body, eyes glancing down at the couch you were leaning against.

"blueberries? what the hell..." your frigid fingers picked up the small fruit in curiosity. 'how the hell did these get here?' you thought before darting your eyes up.

it seemed as if your heart stopped out of fear when you saw no one in the kitchen behind you. was someone playing a prank? hakagure? no, it was too late for her to be up. well, then who the hell would be up at three in the morning? aside from you, of course.

letting a shaky breath out, you tried to relax while you turned back to your work. your eyes were closed as you were trying to tell yourself that no one was here to kill you... hopefully.

"what the fuck are you doing up so late?" a voice growled from in front of you. you had to bite your tongue and hastily slap a hand over your mouth so no deafening scream poured out of your trembling lips.