the first day.

"Okay, keep your eyes closed!"

"Mikey, your hands are over my eyes," Luke giggled excitedly, a party hat covering his blonde quiff.

"Still keep 'em closed, you bloody wombat."

Luke obeyed, shutting his eyelids and feeling them flutter.

"Come on! Tell me what it is!"

Michael smiled, kissing Luke's hair and taking his hands away from his eyes.

In the middle of the room, stood a shiny, black grand piano. Luke had been wanting one for years, and Michael always watched the careful, pianist movement of Luke's fingers across the table when his mind wandered.

"Michael, how the hell did you get the money for this?"

"Relax, Luke," Michael smiled, kissing the boy's cheek from behind, "I paid."

"You what?" The blonde boy screeched, spinning around. "That must've cost you a fortune," then he looked at Michael fondly, "Jesus Christ." Luke pressed his lips to Michael's, the shorter boy swooning.

"I did. I paid. All for you. Now, play something."

Luke sat down, fingers relaxing easily over the perfectly polished white and black keys.

"You're so beautiful," Michael murmured, sitting down beside Luke at the bench.

Luke began to play, slowly, and then the tempo increased and Michael found himself transfixed at the way his lanky fingers moved so delicately about the piano.

"Thank you, Michael..."