Back At Hogwarts

8th year. I'm going back to Hogwarts.

Mum convinced me. I really don't want to go. Pansy got mad at me over the summer, and Blaise- well let's just say he and I have a forgotten past ever since he found out about my Dark Mark in 6th year. Theodore Nott has decided that even though I've never even hexed him, he was siding with Zabini. Crabbe is dead, and Goyle still blames me for dragging him along into the Room of Requirement.

I have no friends. I'm a stupid, lying, arrogant, self-absorbed, low-life.

No one can change my mind.

Once I go back to the Hell-Hole of Hogwarts, everyone will hate me again. They'll remember I exist, remember that I, Draco Malfoy, was a Death Eater. A Death Eater who isn't locked up in Azkaban like my father.

I hate this. I hate how my life got so entwined with Potter's. I hate that he ruined it. I hate him.

*****

The Hogwarts Express, a glorious, blinding red steam engine that is supposed to take students to a wonderful school full of magic and dreams.

Not for me.

It's the way to Hell.

Mum puts her hand on my shoulder, "Everything is going to be fine," she assured me. I nodded. But inside, I was that scared little boy who was sitting on his bed gripping his Hogwarts letter, waiting for the day I had to leave my parents all over again.

The whistle blew. Mum kissed my cheek and smiled, "Be brave love, if you want to come home after the third month, I promise to bring you home."

"Thank you," I replied. I felt shaky, my body replying late to the commands I gave it. I swallowed.

Boarding the Hogwarts Express, I quickly try to find an empty compartment. I wander down the train, trying to ignore the whispers and stares from everyone.

I see one. I head towards it and quickly shut the door and lock it. Sigh.

The train started moving as I hoisted my luggage on the rack above my seat. There's a knock at the compartment door. I freeze.

I open the door, greeted by blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hello Draco," Luna said calmly, "May I join you?"

I stared for a moment before nodding and letting her inside.

"I'm sorry to hear about your father," Luna announced quite quickly after she sat down, "It's not nice having a loved one taken away. When I was taken away, my father said he missed me loads. I'll bet your father misses you too."

I was silent.

Luna smiled and pulled out a Quibbler.

I shifted, did my father miss me? I knew he loved me but... in these last few years... I haven't felt it like I used to.

Another sigh.

"Luna," I ask hesitantly.

She looked up from her magazine, her eyes calm, "Yes Draco?"

"D-Do you think, I-I could hang out with you maybe? Once we get to Hogwarts I mean...." I rambled. I felt like an idiot.

Her smile was nothing but warm as she looked at me from over her Quibbler.

"Of course."

When the Trolley Witch arrived, I bought two chocolate frogs and two cauldron cakes to share with Luna.

*****

"Welcome," Professor McGonagall began after the sorting, "This year, I know will not be the easiest. We have lost friends and family, but life continues on. I thank all those who have decided to join us again in the eighth year here at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I can assure you, that as you are inside of these grounds, I will not have anyone say anything... anything against anyone here. It is my hope that this year, every house will try to get along this year. Due to the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw towers being destroyed, until they are able to be moved back will be staying with the Slytherins. This will be eighth year only...."

Her speech was over after a couple of other things were said and the feast began. I began looking around the room. So many people. Some looked nervous and some looked excited. I met a pair of green eyes. Potter.

He stared. I stared back. A slow blink led my eyes away from Harry and down to the untouched plate in front of me. I felt his eyes digging deep holes in my head as he continued to gape at me like I was an exotic animal in a cage. How shameless of him.

I just want these three months to be over so I can go back home.

These weeks had better pass fast.

*****

Hey! It's Alexis- or as you will soon learn to know me as...

Cat In a Box! owo

I got a bit of writers block with Mysteries of the Dark Mark...
So I started another story to get even more writers block.... yea ;-;

Anywhoooooooooooo. 

I hope you enjoy an 8th year from Draco's perspective! 

Lot's of.. um niceness...?,
         Cat in a Box